iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Logrite addition

Started by Southside, December 06, 2018, 11:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Ol' Hickory was plum wore out, so it was time to upgrade. UPS just delivered my fancy, new, log rule. 

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

What flavor?

(edit:  i see now that I am on my computer and not on my phone, that you can read the scale type)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

moosehunter

I have two, International because that is closest to what I saw and Doyle because most loggers around here deal with it and if I'm buying or selling I need to be speaking the same language. 
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

boonesyard

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Dave Shepard

Mine is Int. 1/4", also. I see in addition to Int. And Doyle, they have Scribner and Scribner Decimal C.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

maple flats

logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

stavebuyer

I bought one a couple years back. I never could warm up to it and stuck with using the old folding wooden log ruler(s). The Log Rite is not a full 4' which I was used to for measuring length. In addition to the log rule; I carry a handheld and several cans of paint to color code the log sorts for the loader man. The juggling act of measuring the log and then marking it with the paint can was too cumbersome with the Log Rite. The folding ruler is easy to hold with the elbow against the body or between two fingers while the left hand holds the handheld and the right hand is marking the log just measured with the paint can.

Thank You Sponsors!