iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered Nyle 53

Started by xlogger, December 12, 2015, 05:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

After asking tons of questions to Danny, Robert and a visit to Glenn's I went ahead and order the 53 yesterday. Started getting some of the materials in yesterday and more to come. We had the pad poured for a couple weeks now. Will not get the Nyle till after the first of the year. I'll update with pictures as we go along and I'm sure I'll have more questions also. Thanks all for your help.
Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

Congrats on taking the plunge.  It will make a huge difference. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

Congratulations.  It's a workhorse.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Glenn1

Congratulations,  you will love the new kiln.  I've been told that I could not get good looking flat sawn sycamore and I was pleasantly surprised.  It definitely did not look like a potato chip. 
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

xlogger

Glenn, what MC did you put in the Sycamore and how long did it take, it looks good.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

Quote from: Glenn1 on December 12, 2015, 10:00:01 PM
Congratulations,  you will love the new kiln.  I've been told that I could not get good looking flat sawn sycamore and I was pleasantly surprised.  It definitely did not look like a potato chip.

You must be living right  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Glenn1

Quote from: WDH on December 13, 2015, 07:36:08 AM
Quote from: Glenn1 on December 12, 2015, 10:00:01 PM

You must be living right  :D.

My trailer my differ in opinion... :D
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Glenn1

Quote from: xlogger on December 13, 2015, 06:09:48 AM
Glenn, what MC did you put in the Sycamore and how long did it take, it looks good.

Hi Ricki,

It air dried for around 3 months and got down to 16 percent before it went into the kiln.
It was in the kiln for 6 days. 

WDH

Pre-air drying really helps a lot.  I get much better results when I air dry before kiln drying. 

Thank You Sponsors!