iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doing my part for the Katrina cleanup

Started by GareyD, September 13, 2005, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

Since I'm way too old, overweight and outta shape to be down sloggin' around in the mud to help the victims on the gulf coast ;)

And since our house ain't really big enuff to be taking in permanent refugees...

We took in a couple of fellers that had volunteered to help with the cleanup, and was needin' a place to stay other than down near the Atlanta airport, it's real hard to smiley_sleeping around all that racket ;D

BW_Williams (Brian) and his partner Skyler called yesterday morning and was lookin' to get outta town...met up with them outside of the city and brung them on out to the country smiley_thumbsup

Introduced them to our "vertically challenged" cows and all the rest of the critters

Spent the rest of the day playin' with the mill, settin' on the deck keepin' hydrated and pawin' through some of the junk good stuff I got piled around the place :D :D

Then it was time to EAT ;D Sum Ribeye steak, HUGE baked taters and salad (thanks fellers fer buyin' dinner, but ya really didn't hafta) ::)

Then of course we hadta do sum more hydrating ;) Notice Skyler on the left...he was designated sumthin' and didn't hydrate as much as the rest of us :D :D :D

This morning I got up and cooked them a large southern style breakfast...we had grits, some bacon, grits, some eggs, grits, biscuits and pepper gravy and some grits :D :D  I can't unnerstand why they wouldn't let me take anymore pix...musta not wanted any photographic evidence of them large smiles they was wearin' from all them good grits :) :) :)

Around lunchtime they had to go back down to the city and check in...see if they had been assigned where to go...

I'm figgerin' they will be back in the early mornin'....I promised to make breakfast again :D ;D :D

Had a wonderful time and appreciate what Brian and Skyler are doin' to help the needy...Like all the Forum member that I've met...you guys are wonderful people and welcome back anytime
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Jeff

Garey, didja tell em about the mrs's chicken raising story?  8)

All you guys make me proud to know ya.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GareyD

Nope, no chicken stories...My darlin' was here the whole time, close by, and I've seen what she can do with a tennis racket.....I ain't near a dumb as I look smiley_mad_crazy
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

BW_Williams

Garey, thanks again for the good ol' Southern hospitality, real grits is good!!!!!  But I'm afraid we may miss breakfast in the AM.  I got the problem we discussed takin' care of, but face to face was the best way.  We should delpoy Wed.
Bossman, didn't see a chicken one around the place and I thought it was odd.  And thank you for this fine forum or the visit wouldn't have happened. 

PS: we where off the clock when the serious hydrating took place!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Jeff

BWW, ya just gotta get the story out of him. Just dont have yer mouth full of anything at the time. It would not be the same for him to type it. Ya gotta HEAR it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BW_Williams

Apparently Coellen has to be out of tennis racket reach for that story!

SKYMOM

I am Skyler's mom and was thrilled to see him on your page.  He is a great young man I think, and he had such a great time at your farm.  He thinks you are the greatest!  Thanks for being so nice to my boy and Brian.  We miss him already and worry about him, but what a great experience this has been for him so far.  You are a good American, and sound like an all around great guy.  Thanks for your great hospitality!  If we ever get back your way we will look you up.  Thanks again, Sky's mom  ;)
I would like to hear the chicken story................................. ???

Roxie

Hi SkyMom! 
It's so nice to 'meet' ya!  I hope you stick around the forum and get to know some of the finest folks on earth! 
You're welcome anytime! 
:)
Say when

SKYMOM

Thank you for the nice welcome.  Reading some of the messages you are all so funny and do seem like great folks.  I will stick around.  Thanks! smiley_hair_gal

Tom

Hi Skymom!

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  It looks like we attract some pretty good folks doesn't it.  :D

Put on your reading glasses, turn back a bunch of pages toward the front of the forum and enjoy some of nonsense we enjoy here.   Some of it is even educational.   ;D 8) :D

SKYMOM

Tom, thanks for the welcome.  I will look around the Forum when I get more time......so far I have had quite a few laughs in some of the stuff I have read.     :D

asy

Hiya Skymom...

Welcome to the forum, only I"m not sure you read the 'rules' properly when ya got here...

"IF you are the mother of a current FF member, your first post must contain at least one, but preferably two, embarrassing stories about said FF member"

Now I understand if ya couldn't find it in the rules...  It's in the 'obscure small print' area.

But it's OK...

We are lenient...

You can tell the stories now, and we'll overlook the first few barren posts... 

hehehehehe

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

BW_Williams

Well, we got our orders, we head to Orlando in the AM, we don't know our assignment yet, we'll let ya know when we do, look out Harold, Tom and y'all.   Garey, tried calling you, but you didn't answer, figured you must be eatin' supper.  Thanks again.  Asy, Skyler reminded me he's not a member, but I think his Mom's got some stories about me    :(  Be careful, Skymom, these folks believe I'm a good guy!  BWW

SKYMOM

BW---I will behave myself....promise. smiley_angel02_wings
Thanks for the update. Take care.

Fla._Deadheader

Brian, just send an Instant message or I will IM ya my phone #.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

BW_Williams

Just to show y'all Garey ain't full of bull, here's his pet!

Skyler had a lot of fun chasin' him around!

BW_Williams

BW_Williams

My best friends, no not Buddy and Marci, Garey and Coellen!

Sorry Garey, couldn't get the dogs and the short cows in the same frame, probably would look right anyhow. 

beenthere

Look like that bull has a tummy ache or sumptin, with that ace bandage around it that way. Hmmm? 
Or is that paint to keep track of him.  ??? ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BW_Williams

Garey showed off his Mighty Mite, nice mill, Skyler hadn't seen a portable mill run and he was impressed. (so was I)

Ain't them short legged stripy cows cute!  I don't know if they will ever see the inside of the freezer!

asy

Quote from: BW_Williams on September 15, 2005, 06:25:39 AM

Ain't them short legged stripy cows cute!  I don't know if they will ever see the inside of the freezer!

Is that coz they are so cute they are kept as pets? Or coz there's not really enough meat on one to bother freezing???   :D :D :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

BW_Williams

SKYMOM

BWW-loved seeing those pics!  I love Garey's farm--Me being a vertically challenged person myself, those cute cows are just right! Thanks! smiley_daisy

Thank You Sponsors!