iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my Delmhorst J-2000

Started by OntarioFarmer, January 31, 2019, 06:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OntarioFarmer

After a lot of reading about moisture meters on the forum, I took the plunge and got myself a J-2000. Pretty excited to have a reliable moisture reader in my arsenal now compared to the cheap Canadian Tire moisture meter I bought when I was new (it had an accuracy rate of +\- 5%...). Thanks to everybody for contributing to this very resourceful forum!

Weekend_Sawyer

If you still have the old one it would be interesting to see a comparison.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tin Horse

Yes let us know. I've also got the cheap Canadian Tire model but wonder about it's accuracy.
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

OntarioFarmer

For sure I can do some comparisons. Hopefully do it this weekend after the deep freeze is finally over

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The next Sawmill and Woodlot will have an article I wrote on use and characteristics of meters.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

customsawyer

They are a good meter but I did just have to send mine back for repairs for the second time in about 4 years. Don't know if this is normal or not.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Stephen1

Quote from: GeneWengert-WoodDoc on February 01, 2019, 09:39:25 PM
The next Sawmill and Woodlot will have an article I wrote on use and characteristics of meters.
Hi Gene, When is next edition of the Sawmill and Woodlot?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!