iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delmhorst BD 2100 moisture meter

Started by rmack, September 18, 2012, 06:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmack

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is the one I use. I bought it at LOWE'S for less that $40.00 last year. It has given me good and accurate service.
But to answer your question, I have never used one like the one your asking about.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kcwoodbutcher

I've had a J 2000 for several years. No problems so far. Why do you need the extra scales?
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Woodkiller

I have one as well. It is a different model than the one you show, but it works well.

rmack

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on September 18, 2012, 08:43:56 PM
I've had a J 2000 for several years. No problems so far. Why do you need the extra scales?

Don't know that I need the extra scales, just looking for a durable and accurate tool so that I only have to buy one once. I don't mind ponying up the extra coin if there's a reasonable expectation that it will last me 30 years.

Dave; does yours measure the same as other devices, or just the same readings from the same lumber?

Quote from: Woodkiller on September 19, 2012, 06:45:59 AM
I have one as well. It is a different model than the one you show, but it works well.

Have you had it for a long time?
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
1972 Patrick AR-5
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Woodkiller

I have had it for several years. I use it mostly for testing the moisture in my turning wood. It is turned twice and has to be around 12% here in Ga. to be returned. I just got my mill so I am sure that it will be used more now. The model that I have has a hand probe attachment that has probes that are about 4" long. It is well made and mine came with a very sturdy box to carry it in. Hope this helps some.  Russell

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: rmack on September 19, 2012, 08:37:05 AM

if there's a reasonable expectation that it will last me 30 years.

Dave; does yours measure the same as other devices, or just the same readings from the same lumber?

Have you had it for a long time?

RMACK, I've had mine for almost years and have had great service with it. I don't really know what you mean by "same as other devices". This is the only device I have to measure moisture. I have had some customers come by with their meter and we have been within 3-5% on comparison.

It gives me different readings depending on the moisture not the wood.

If you buy a meter in person, find out what their return policy is. If it doesn't meet your expectations. I'd take it back. Sometimes I carry mine in LOWE'S or HOME DEPOT and check their specialty lumber just to see what it reads.

And about it lasting 30 years..... :D......I'll run over it with the tractor or lose it before then.

rmack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 19, 2012, 03:29:12 PM

And about it lasting 30 years..... :D......I'll run over it with the tractor or lose it before then.
Good point, but I have found that stuff I pay for tends to get treated better in the long run. I can't even see my wallet, but there it is... still in my back pocket after all these years ;D

Welder Bob
1972 Patrick AR-5
Belsaw Boat Anchor

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: rmack on September 20, 2012, 09:26:14 AM

I can't even see my wallet, but there it is... still in my back pocket after all these years ;D

Your wallets like mine......why take it out if there is nothing in it.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!