iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunbelt Expo 2003  Moultrie, Ga.

Started by Fla._Deadheader, September 02, 2003, 08:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

For all you South East Sawyers, Woodworkers, and Wannabe's, here would be a great place to meet up and enjoy a great show.
   Wanted to go last year, but, didn't make it. Tom and DanG went. This year, my son and I, Tom, Maybe DanG and some others will be there. We are shooting for Oct. 15, the middle day.
   It is within 4-5 hours drive for a LOT of y'all. What say ???

October 14: Gates Open 8:30a.m. to 5p.m.

October 15: Gates Open 8:30a.m. to 5p.m.

October 16: Gates Open 8:30a.m. to 4p.m.

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Well, DanG it Harold. I came here to make this announcement and you done beat me to it. Oh well, I'll be there on the 15th, and that will be the 15th consecutive year for me. Tom and I have already started laying our plans so we won't miss each other like we did last year. :-/
Folks, if you live within a day's drive, you should not miss this show! There will be a lot of sawmills, and that is just a small part of the show. There is about every kind of ag equipment and livestock that you can think of, and a lot more that you ain't thought of. The antique tractor parade is a treat in itself, and the tractors are on display where you can get up close and talk with the owners.
Let's get a crowd together for a FF meet with a Southern flavor. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Here was some of the stuff from last year.  One day is almost not enough to see everything.  They have dog trials and cutting horses too.

Fla._Deadheader

Hot DaDanG !!! A get together with a Southern Flavor???  Who's gonna bring the grits ???   ;) :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Won't have to Harold. Somebody will probably be grinding some corn right there and you have to pay extra in that neck of the woods to get them to take the grits off of your plate. Least wise, once you get away from I-75 :D

Fla._Deadheader

LAST CALL for the southern get together at Moultrie, Ga. There HAS to be some of you'ns that could meet us up there  ??? ;D   We's got GRIT'S, fresh offn the grist mill.  ;) ;) :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Sam

Do you guys know anyone in the Moultrie area that might be interested in having some logs sawn for the lumber?

By the way, feel free to send some of those grits my way-I'll be at the Baker Products inside booth ;)

Sam

DanG

Hey, Sam, and welcome to The ForestryForum! 8)

I don't know anybody up there, but here's a link to their local paper. Maybe a classified ad would bring forth some grist for your mills.

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/static/contactus/

See ya there on the 15th.   8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crosscut

Bigdogpc

I'm leanin towards being there but I need to know where exactly this is.  I'll be easy to spot....I'm the ugly guy with the Timberking hat!

Fla._Deadheader

Ya need a Pro peller or sumpin on that hat. Last year, Tom and DanG went and they both wore camo FF hat's. Never DID
 see each other ??? :D :D :D
  Maybe we can get Tom to post directions for the Central Fl. guys. DanG will arrive from a nother direction. TOM ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

DIRECTIONS FROM I-75 HEADING NORTH
I-75 North to Exit 18 in Valdosta. Turn left at the light and cross over the interstate. This road (Hwy 133) will carry you straight into Moultrie (approximately 35 miles). Once you are inside the city limits, the road becomes a four-lane and the entrance (Gate 1) will be on your immediate right.

Or you can look at the whole website at: http://www.sunbeltexpo.com/

DanG

Hey, we're getting close to convening the entire Florida contingent of the ForestryForum in Moultrie. 8)  The only ones on the member map that ain't rung in are Rusty and Jwood.  Tom, if you'll work on Rusty, I'll see if I can get J off of the water long enough to come up to Moultrie for a day. :)  He's into fishing about as deep as he is sawing, and the speckled trout are tearing it up, right about now. I don't know if he's even checking his e-mail. ???

BigdogPC and Crosscut, I'm tickled that you are both planning to be there. This is gonna be fun. 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

DanG, we are trying to get everyone to meet at the Husky Chainsaw Demo area, around noon on the 15th. Tom says there are usually bleachers set up.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Sam

I don't know if I'll be able to get out of the booth on the 15th. Be sure to stop by and say hi if you're in my area. I'll be in Chevron Agribusiness Building #2 Booth #18. It's much nicer to be able to put a face with the name!  ;D

Sam
Baker Products

DanG

OakieDoakie! We're down to crunch time here. I talked to BillBobtlh today, and he's gonna try to make it. I also called Sawmill_John about another matter. The feller that answered the phone says, "Well he ain't here. He's gone down to Georgia to a show."  Well whaddaya know? Mobile Dimension is gonna make it this year, after all. We'll all look forward to meeting John, and seeing a REAL sawmill in action!  8)  I wanted to get this message to Tom and Harold, but they probably went to bed with the chickens, to get an early start.  Well, maybe not WITH the chickens, but at the same time, heh heh.  Of course, when Harold and Ed stayed here, they did have to bunk with the chickens, but we throwed in some moldy sawdust and a slice of Visqueen, 'cause of the rain.  They got along ok till the rooster woke up, then it got a little dicey. ;D ???

DanG

Well, I just got home from Moultrie. What a great afternoon we had!  I didn't get there till just after noon, and couldn't get a signal on the cell-phone. >:(  I grabbed a guidebook with a map and list of all the exhibitors, but Husky wasn't listed. What a fine howdy-do this is, I was thinking. Then I drifted into a weak cell signal and was able to raise Ed, and got an approximate location. Walked about a mile and there they were. 8)   Harold(FDH)  and his son, Ed, Tom, Jwood, and BigdogPC, all doin'  a lot of grinnin' and chinwagging.  Unfortunately, Bigdog had to leave shortly after I got there, and I didn't get to visit with him much. :-/
The rest of us moseyed over to the Mobile Dimension site, where we met Sawmill_John and his buddy, Don. What a couple of nice guys!  John has been a great help to me, and it was super to finally meet him.  We went to get a bite to eat, and when we returned, Crosscut was there waiting for us. He was visiting with his aunt from Alabama. Neither of them knew the other would be there, and just bumped into each other. She hung with us for a little while, then went off to do her own thing. She was a really neat lady, and I liked her right away. Seemed like somebody that could cook a really good biscuit. :)  We looked at a lot of stuff, and really enjoyed each other's company till about 5pm when we had to go our seperate ways. I took a few pics, but will have to get my new 'puter set up before I can get them on. Ed took some too, so y'all may see some when they get back to Tom's house.

Whew!   ;D  It's gonna take a while to wipe the grin off of my face.

Fla._Deadheader

I gotta agree with DanG 300% ;D. What a great time 8) 8)
  Put about 8000 miles on the broke leg, so, guess we'll go loggin Monday. :)  Never met (personally) so many great folks at one spot. All the FF members we met were real nice, and got in vites from every one to visit their digs.
  Even ole' DanG is tryin to put a gatherin of Tinkerer's together, at a future date. Y'all ain't heard NUTHIN, till ya hear what he's cookin up  ::) ::) :D :D :D
  Tom took his camera, BUT, fergot the pitcher recordin card thingy, so, we left 4 or 5 floppy's with him, of the pics we took. I'm lookin forward to seein them, as soon as he gets 'em worked over.
  I can't stop grinnin either, DanG  ;) ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

billbobtlh

Well DanG I really missed getting up there yesterday. After I talked to Dan I remembered I had a second load of pumpkins and gourds to unload for our church pumpkinpatch. Whew, I was the only one there from 2:30 to 4. Finished unloading at 6. Pumpkins are sure heavy after 1500 come out. It does not matter what size they are.

Fla._Deadheader

Billbob, we kept hopin you would check in. Sure missed out on a great gathering. Rusty didn't make it neither ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Some of the Southeast Forestry Forum'ers at hard work studying the Sunbelt Agricultural Show in Moultire 2003.

Bigdogpc, his dad, Fla. Deadheader, Tom, Jwood, Dang

Crosscut, Dang and Fla. Deadheader.

Sawmill John and Dang

Jeff

Didja all get inside and meet Sam from Baker, or any of da Wood-mizer folks?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Oh yeah, we met Sam. Nice young lady. Hadda beat off one of the Baker boys, though. He had a wild look in his eyes. ::) ::) He was hangin out pretty close to Sam's booth.
  Only problem was, the things that pertained to sawing and chainsaws and such, were at opposite ends of the grounds. That's why we had to walk so DanG far.
  Woodmizer boys were great also. Had one of 'em ask me what kinda mill I had. Told him a "Homemizer". He says, OH, so YOU'RE the one :o ::) ::) ::)

Wonder what he meant by that ??? ???  I was surprised by the travel speed of the Mizers, when cutting. Ours goes as fast as their's. Guess we just need to get better electric motors, so we Don'T hafta stop and play with them so much.
  One other thing Y'all missed out on, BIG TIME. Had some of the best Grits that I have et in a long time. Them Ga. folks can sure cook a mighty fine Grit  
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Well, if that ain't a scruffy lookin' bunch, I ain't never seen one. :D :D

Looks like Santy Claws and a bunch of over-fed elves.

chet

Yup, yur right dar DanG. This is one time I'm gonna have to agree with ya.   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!