iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first turkey

Started by thecfarm, May 31, 2008, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Here is the stepson with his first turkey.

I was just leaving for work and heard a gun shot and looked out the window and saw the grandson jumping around.I knew something was up.I was watching for the turkeys,but they came out when I was getting ready to leave.Had a 8½ inch beard.
He does not think he got the big one.There was two toms.I did not see the turkeys when I came home tonight.
He has the fever now.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Well done!  I bet that'll be some good eatin.

WildDog

Good work, sure wish we had wild Turkeys like that down here, ours are scrawney scrub turkeys that you arn't permitted to take.

Cfarm what breed are those Turkeys and what would the dressed weight of a Tom that size be?
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

I have no idea the breed.These are so called wild turkeys.The state started to stock these in the area many years ago.They started these south of me.I never saw a turkey here until around 2002.Saw a pair down by my Aunt's the year before that about 10 minutes from me.My FIL lives about ½ hour from me.Go past him about 15 minutes and it was common to see 20-40 at a time long before the turkeys made it up here.We are only allowed to hunt them from sunup until noon.Only toms can be taken.Will find out the weight when I get home tonight from work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

Great Hunt! He is now hooked on turkey hunting, I'm sure. They would be the eastern wild turkey breed.
~Ron

thecfarm

Hooked is a good word.Weighted about 20 pounds.He's sure that was not the big one.The one they saw the Saturday before when they was hunting had a red head.This one had some blue on it too.They split the season up.I think it was a 5 week season.If you was born in an even year,you could hunt the first 2 weeks,odd years had to wait until the 3rd and 4th week.The last week everyone could hunt.

Thank You Sponsors!