iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Circulator Question

Started by Joe99, December 29, 2011, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe99

After having a Taylor OWS for 24 years it finally died and I replaced it with a E-Classic 3200. So far it is working great. I only burn SPF lumber scraps so it took a while to figure out how to load it and keep the fire buring on the warmer days.  Have a question on the water circulators though. We are using a hot air heat exchanger so the main circulator is hooked up to a thermostat and only runs when it calls for heat. CB recommends that you have a circulator that runs all the time so we installed one on the second output and it just loops back to the stove. My question is are you leaving your circulator running through the summer or do you shut them off ?

WI Fire

I know CB owners who have done both. (Some leave the pump running, some do not)
For the small amount of wattage of a TACO pump, I have left mine running in the past to keep sediment from settling, to keep the pump lubricated, and to ensure that my coil, though located UNDER the A-coil for a.c., CANNOT freeze due to the circulating water. Hope this helps. Any other opinions out there?

talldog

I have shut mine off on certain occasions.Its connected to my indoor propane boiler switch.If its warm and you dont need any heat,you can turn it off.It just means that you might have to re-light your fire when you turn it back on

Thank You Sponsors!