iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Empire Farm Days, Seneca Falls, New York 2007

Started by Brad_S., July 04, 2007, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

Billed as the largest Ag show in the NE. If you like BIG agricultural iron, this is the place for you. Many mill and firewood processors exhibited as well
Aug 7, 8 & 9 in Seneca Falls, NY.
http://www.empirefarmdays.com/
(Seneca Falls is a quaint little town that is considered by many cinema historians to be the inspiration for Bedford Falls in "It's a Wonderful Life!")
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

moosehunter

Ok, who's going to Farm days? What days are you going?
I'll be there Thursday. I hope to spend some time at the Peterson and Woodmizer booths then hit the auction in the afternoon.
I'll wear my FF hat, stop me and say hi if you see me ;D

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

breederman

I will be there wednesday, No FF hat so will wear my red Lynchburg college hat.

If you go be sure and find the FFA tractor raffle for a 1938 Allis WC tractor.  It has been fully restored.Tell them Craig sent you, it won't get ya anything but at least they'll know I sent you. :)

Together we got this !

breederman

Together we got this !

Brad_S.

I'm going Thursday. Peterson is cutting up some logs for me so I need to be there at the end of the day to pick up my treasure.

breederman

Made the 2 and 1/2 hour trip out and back [3 when you take the wrong road out of Ithaca  :D] As always there was a lot of stuff to look at and venders to talk to.
  We had a great chat with Layla from Peterson.  I asked several questions just so I could listen to her accent! ;)  They were demoing a skill mill but they only had three logs for the three day show so I didn't ask her to show it in action.  They will also have it at the woodsman days in Boonville NY.
   Did I mention her accent? ;D
   Hudson and Woodmizer were there as well, Woodmizer had several mills set up and a pile of walnut slabs all cut up.  Nobody came over to chat but I bet they had a home later!
Together we got this !

Brad_S.

Quote from: breederman on August 08, 2007, 08:51:53 PM
 They were demoing a skill mill but they only had three logs for the three day show so I didn't ask her to show it in action. 
Hey, I dropped off 6 as per their request.??? Hopefully, the other 3 were already in lumber form. :) I look forward to meeting Layla tomorrow.

breederman

They must have sold them to pay for a hotel. ;)
Together we got this !

moosehunter

I met and chatted with Layla, got to see brad's last log get some boards taken out of it. I also enjoyed her accent ;D

Got to stand at the operators shoulder while he ran the LT50 .......... COOOOLLLLLL!
I want one! He loaded and cut four slabs off a log in less time than it takes me to walk around the side of my Norwood and pick up my cant hook!!

If you are within driving distance, you should go to this show next year.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!