iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Hard Wood Prices?

Started by BandsawWarrior, April 16, 2008, 11:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandsawWarrior

I'm thinking of trying to bring some hard wood up from the States.  I would like to make some flooring so I would be looking for 1"x8" planks down to 1"x4" 8' and longer lengths.  Is it possible to get this quater sawn and clear?  If so what kind of price range would I be looking at for the different species?

Walnut
Cherry
Oak

any others you can think of and know some rough pricing on would be great.  Where I live we don't have the same selection of hardwoods.  We sell Fir flooring but I would like to be able to offer some hard wood selection as well! 

thanks for any ideas on pricing. 

Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

ARKANSAWYER

How far down in the States was you planning on comming?  I am afraid with $4 fuel I am a bit to far South.
ARKANSAWYER

BandsawWarrior

I'm looking at a couple flat bed trucks in texas.  If I flew down to pick up the truck I was thinking on the way back I could load it up with wood.  I just have to look into the rules governing licensing in the States.  There are also a lot of trucks for sale in MO.     

Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

TexasTimbers

Don't know how far south Cherry grows but I can't hit any with a potato gun for sure. Where'd you pick this truck up, and where you is?

Not that I can provide any logs. I have backorders to fill and I'm here at this dang keyboard.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

ARKANSAWYER

Well then I am not to far South.  I am between the towns of Flippin and Yellville on Hy 62 in north central Arkansas.  I have walnut, cherry, red and white oak flat and quarter.  You want green off the saw, dried, 4/4 or something else and how much of each?  Got it, get it, just got to know.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!