iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

oops!

Started by Den Socling, April 02, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Patti got her car inspected today. Inspection had run out on Monday. I was thinking that it's been a while since my truck was inspected. I walked over to take a look. It expired in October of 2012! I just stood there staring. Am I reading this wrong???  ??? Guess I better take care of that tomorrow.

terry f

What do they inspect them for?

Den Socling

Lights, brakes, tires and exhaust. No emission inspection in the county we live in.

Magicman

Here it is just a holdover from the days when autos really needed inspecting.  Now it is just a cash cow that no one has the guts to remove.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

How did you renew the tags without a valid inspection? This is the last year for non commercial emission inspections here. The poobahs at ICBC decided there were so few failures the program was no longer cost effective. Of course the government employees union strongly disagrees. :D They are still after commercial diesel with a vengeance. Trucks, construction and farm equipment are fair game. The city of Vancouver even wants it extended to ships in the harbour where neither they or ICBC  have jurisdiction.
The city also wants to enforce the no idling bylaw in the harbour which is completely unworkable. The ships need the on board generators to maintain their systems.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Den Socling

Over here, you just send Harrisburg money for tags every year. You can stick them on the wall for all they care.

DanG

We haven't had vehicle inspections in Florida for many years.  When Bob Graham was Governor he took his motorhome in for inspection and it flunked.  He had the discrepancies taken care of and took it back for re-inspection.  Flunked again.  The next day, there was no longer a vehicle inspection required here.  8) 8) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Den Socling

Doesn't seem to be required in PA either. I can just hear me telling that to a cop!  :D

DanG

Quote from: Den Socling on April 02, 2014, 11:31:55 PM
Doesn't seem to be required in PA either. I can just hear me telling that to a cop!  :D

You should have heard us telling that to cops in other states before they got the word on it!  :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

terry f

Here it's $50 for two years, but I've never heard of inspections. The good news is no tax, wheather you buy a car, boat, gun or meal. I think we are one of the last holdouts on sales tax, but they get theirs somewhere in the long run.

thecfarm

Used to be every six months here. I forgot when it got changed to once a year,late 80's?? No way you would get away with that here for that long,unless you was lucky. Ours are color coded,with whatever month cut out. But the color is the give away. Rust,wipers,E brake is checked here with Den list.
The wife and I was at a gas station once and there was a cop in the other aisle getting gas. He kept pointing at his rear view mirror. I had no idea what he meant. Finally I came too. That's where the inspection sticker is.  :o  We was WAY over due.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

last year went to get it done as it was on the computer the check eng lite came on :-\ no inspection for me 200 bucks later >:( got it

Chuck White

Quote from: terry f on April 02, 2014, 11:52:26 PM
   Here it's $50 for two years, but I've never heard of inspections. The good news is no tax, wheather you buy a car, boat, gun or meal. I think we are one of the last holdouts on sales tax, but they get theirs somewhere in the long run.

The last I knew, Alaska has no sales tax either.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

moosehunter

I understand the dislike of inspections but you would not believe the condition of some of the vehicles that I inspected at the shop I owned. Ball joints and tie rods ready to fall out, broken springs rubbing on the inside edge of a tire, tires with cords hanging out. Some really scary stuff. These people were sharing the roads with you and your family.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Raider Bill

Quote from: moosehunter on April 03, 2014, 08:21:01 AM
I understand the dislike of inspections but you would not believe the condition of some of the vehicles that I inspected at the shop I owned. Ball joints and tie rods ready to fall out, broken springs rubbing on the inside edge of a tire, tires with cords hanging out. Some really scary stuff. These people were sharing the roads with you and your family.

We see that all the time too.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!