iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magicman's Get Together

Started by Magicman, March 16, 2010, 09:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Saturday, April 3rd is the date.  Spouses (husbands/wives for you rednecks) are invited.

The location will be at our home in Brookhaven.  The profile map shows the way.

All forum members are invited.  I will need have to know who/how many are coming so I'll know how many chickens to kill.  If I kill too many, we won't have any eggs for the rest of the year.  If I don't kill enough, somebody is gonna eat chicken foot stew.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

I'll be there, and fishpharmer said he could come, but I'll let him give you a solid confirmation.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

wwsjr

As of today, I plan to be there.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

PineNut

fishpharmer

I plan to attend.  If you can  guarantee chicken foot stew, DanG may make it ;) :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DanG

:D :D :D   It sounds like great fun, but I'll have to pass this time.  Chicken feet are 57¢/lb, and gas is $2.75/gal. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Quote from: DanG on March 16, 2010, 11:33:30 PM
:D :D :D   It sounds like great fun, but I'll have to pass this time.  Chicken feet are 57¢/lb, and gas is $2.75/gal. ;)

Everyone that doesn't come will be talked about....... laugh_at smiley_gossip........DanG, do you want me to deliver  ???

Since the 3rd falls in Easter weekend we discussed changing it, but that only complicated things worse.  So the 3rd it is.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

Count me back in.   8) 8)   Road trip to meet new friends and old ones as well on Sat. and thanking my Lord then playing and hiding Easter eggs with my grandson trying to run off a full stomach.   8) 8) 8) ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

A plan is coming together.  We have 6 Forestry Forum members already attending.  DonK will get here a day early and stay in the guest house.  I really think that he didn't want to eat "chicken foot" stew.  Radar and Fish will get here earlier Saturday morning and load Radar's lumber.

I'll put the birds on about 5:00, so they will be ready to travel over to the tree farm where the event will take place.

My address is 208 W. Meadowbrook Dr.  Turn West off of Hwy 51 on to Hwy 550.  Meadowbrook is the third street on the right at the bottom of the hill.  We are the ninth house on the right.  Square brick posts are on each side of the drive. 

You'll see the guest house at the end of the drive.

The invitation is still open......Now, if we had some sponsors, we could give away door prizes.....Hint...Hint..... :)

Lynn
601-757-1681

chain

We have family in Jackson, granddaughters and all. don't know the plans yet but if free on Saturday will try to come by...will let you know if possible later. Thanks for the invite!

Magicman

We're getting everything ready guys.  Looks like the rain will blow through early, and wash some of this pollen off.  We should have a good day..... :)

Radar67

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Magicman

DonK left at about 2:00 PM headed my way.   move_it    He'll sleep in the Guest House tonight.... smiley_sleeping

I wish that there were some Rednecks  fred_head   coming so I wouldn't have had to work so hard  whiteflag_smiley  getting everything ready..... :D

See you guys in the morning...... smiley_gossip

Bro. Noble

Take lots of pictures for us shut ins :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

fishpharmer

Quote from: Magicman on April 02, 2010, 04:07:35 PM
I wish that there were some Rednecks  fred_head   coming ...............

I'll make your wish come true ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

We had a very good day.  I'll post it when the Gallery comes up.

Radar67

Yeah, we did have a good day. We were greeted with a "Blackened Chicken" story, saw (as in looked at) two very large trees, and visited a great looking tree farm. We had a good visit with several forum members, nice weather after a morning rain, and loaded a bunch of lumber.

Now, I only need the crew over here to help unload it. LOL

Oh, I forgot to mention the grave of the standing man and the open crypt.

pineywoods

I sure did hate to miss it. If I was talked about, I can deal with that. the wife is still not up to any trip more than a couple of hours, but still improving..Maybe next time...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WDH

I am looking forward to the pics  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Since it has now already taken place, I posted our day on the "General Board".

Thank You Sponsors!