iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solved: Azalea

Started by Tom, February 17, 2002, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Spring is springing here and the flowers are peeking out from around the house and in the woods.  Here is a double whammy....get one.....get'em both.

hint: Each is kin to the other/one is Domestic/they grow on a bush, usually in the shade in the South.

Tillaway

Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Tom

jwood

the  1st pic looks like some sort of azalea , 2nd looks like an orchid cactus bloom or a honeysuckle ...cant see enough of the vine

Bud Man

Both ==Japonica Family  1st. Azalea   2nd. Chaenomeles
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Bud Man

Changed my mind on #2--Lonicera Japonica  (Honeysuckle)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

DanG

Azaleas, both.

The top one is the good ol' Formosa. An absolutely astounding sight, when in full bloom.

The other is a wild azalea. Comes in lots of colors. Hard to propagate, but easy to transplant. Spindly little ugly bush, but, as you can see, beautiful flowers.

Do I get a hat?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Hey Jwood.  Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Glad to see you posting and joining the melee. Your half right on your first post  too and picked a good thread to make it on.   8)

DanG !! You got it, right out of the chute.  I thought the second picture may keep the thread open a couple of days but you hit the nail on the head.  You must do some Woods Walking.  ::)

Bud Man, the air is full of the aroma of Honeysuckle. I'll bet it won't be long before it shows up here too. ;D

Here's a good site for azaleas.  :P
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/azaleas/

L. Wakefield

My mum told me that one of the things my dad and his brother used to do was follow the spring up the coast. Started down where you are, ended up in Maine. I dunno how often they did it (he died when I was 1 so I never knew him)- but even once would be awesome. :)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!