iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what to do w/Jeep yj

Started by shinnlinger, December 29, 2011, 02:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hi recently traded a frozen turkey for a91 Wrangler.  Would need a little tlc for road use but thinking of using it as a gator type rig around the farm.
This one is a four banger five speed that can't pull a fat kid off a tricycle but seems solid enough in four low
How tough are they? Could it pull a log arch or plow ?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

bugdust

Sounds like the guy with the frozen turkey came out on that deal. Seriously, I would assume by keeping the speed low it may last a while. Of course we all know where you find "assume" in the dictionary.

Good Luck!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

sawguy21

Probably wouldn't last long with an arch or a plow. It's a lot cheaper than a gator and just as much fun.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WH_Conley

I'll trade ya a frozen turkey and a deer ham if you deliver. :D :D
Bill

Patty

My intentions for my Jeep MJ was the same as yours...for use around the farm. Problem is, I do not have, nor do I want to pay for, the skill to keep it running.  :(  So it stays parked in the shed, while we use the Gator. The Gator is everything I had hoped for the Jeep.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!