iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my jeep goin over the weekend!

Started by hackberry jake, March 18, 2013, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

Quote from: hackberry jake on April 01, 2013, 12:08:18 PM
spun the two drivers side tires off. Shoulda had either more air in the tires or bead lock wheels. Usually only run 10lbs of air 

Any liquid courage invovled in that? Looks like fun!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Sonofman

I hear you, Lumberjack. I had a '71 that I absolutely loved. Had the 170 6 cyl with no lift on the body or suspension. The wheel wells were not even cut. I drove it for about 8 years till I went back to school, then sold it to a friend. He still has it on the road today(occasionally).
Located due west of Due West.

lumberjack48

Mine also was just a factory Bronco, body lift don't help anything when going though mud. I took a torch and cut the fenders out so the bigger tires would fit. The 170 had two oil pumps, for going uphill and down hill, it held 8 gts of oil. I got 20 to 27 mpg with it, it was a fun vehicle to drive, the motor was bullet proof. I always thought it would make a good skidder motor.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Sonofman

It also had solid lifters so if the oil pressure did drop off, the lifters would not pump down. Mine had the radio antenna on the left front finder where the driver could reach out and lower it if trees/brush was looming. I have driven that thing up slopes so steep I was not sitting on my butt but on my back. On one I was afraid to touch the accelerator cause the front end would lift and I was afraid it would go over backwards. I just had to let it idle on up that hill. I came back out another way. Man how I loved that old truck.

My BIL had an old international I think single rear axel dump truck that had the very same motor in it.
Located due west of Due West.

Thank You Sponsors!