iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

recycling old c_band dishes

Started by tnlogger, May 20, 2005, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnlogger

I helped my friend Jim recycle an old 6' c-band dish this week and his wife alice is sure DanG prould of us  ;D

gene

Jeff

Geez, dont try to pull in the station your pointed at now... smiley_bat_morph
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

heh, you should make it solid to block the rain, and then try to hold a conversation under that dish with all the echo stuff going on  ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Roxie

Say when

Ironwood

I just scrapped one of those, brought it home thinking,...Base for outdoor sculpture..........victim of spring clean up. Great idea. REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Fraxinus

Quote from: Roxie on May 20, 2005, 03:18:38 PM
The cone of silence!!   8)
Would you believe....I missed it by THAT much! :D :D
I saw one used as a planter at a garden center.  It was filled with different shade of petunias.  Beautiful.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Furby

Got a fiberglass (or whatever) type one someone can have if they want it.
Going to the dump with the next load!

tnlogger

It'll look a lot better when them grape vines cover it. we are builing some slab benchs for it and a small table out of a ash crotch. now i really need a mill  :D
gene

etat

I was in a hurry one time and sunk some steel posts and propped one upside down on em to make a shade for some of my goats.  A few days later a big wind come through, and it went airborn.  I found it on the other side of the fence and decided to leave it for a memorial.  (No goats got injured during the flight.)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Buzz-sawyer

I WISH I had one to use for its intended purpose.Swamp donkey got me interested in what is available for free on c band...Anyone in central/center US got a donor??? :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

rebocardo

You know, if that ever survives 2,000 years from now, you will have given some grave digger some interesting theories to explore  :D

I like it, I bet with a skim coat of fiberglass or some ivy it will be a nice shelter. The mesh is nice because it prevents the bugs from falling into your drinks.

SwampDonkey

Yup, I still use mine and have a subscription to a number of channels, plus all the free wildfeeds. ;D

Mine's fibre glass.

Cool trallus/vine cage Tnlogger. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

CK, My neighbors use one for their dogs.
They have it spanning a corner of the fence and the far edge is supported by the doghouse. Been there for years.
I asked them if they wanted mine for the other dog and they said no real fast.

Rockn H

That trellis will sure look nice once those vines take hold. :)
I've seen a few where they take two fiberglass ones and put'em together like a flying saucer with a light up green martian sticking out the top.  Over in Cherokee Al. there's one in a field painted yellow with a smiley face and have a nice day. :)

tnlogger

I finally talked the boss into taking me for a ride to Jims yesterday  8)
Wal i'll tell ya the done messed the grape arbor up on me seed what they done did to it

any ideas what that stuff is  :D
gene

Furby

Pumpkin or squash?
Leaves look to big for birdhouse gourds ???

tnlogger

almost got it furbster look real close at the second pic done top center  ;D
gene

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

tnlogger

:D :D :D harold is that what their called  all i know is their ugly knoby goards  ;D
gene

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tnlogger

swamp good idea but as I value most parts of this old body i dont think i'll try it  :D
gene

dail_h

It's called a caveman's club
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!