iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Info on LM 2000 > Clutch Shaft Size, Pulley Size, V-Belt Size for 23 HP BS

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, October 16, 2009, 02:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I bought a L M 2000 that was electric power, the owner bought the mill without power from Norwood.

I'm Repowering this mill but the book does not give me the information I need.

I think I will buy a 24 HP Honda and see that the Honda engine has a tapered (non keyed) shaft.

I want to match up the clutch to the correct V-belt size and need the  correct diameter pulley.

I will measure the belt that came with LM 2000 for match up.  I know the shaft output is 3,600 RPM for 23 HP Briggs engine. 

What is the Shaft OD size ____ for Briggs Eng, I'd like to know this... if I did not go with Honda power.

Avery

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

york

Avery,
go to Honda web site,all the 24 hp motor spec. are there and you can also get with straight shaft too,ya don`t want taper...

Bert
Albert

Slingshot

Avery,

Here are some pictures of the drive belt, pully system for my Honda 20HP on my LM2000. The same set up would also be on the 23 Briggs.  I suppose you know that the saw blade travels on the main drive belt and an idler pulley is used for adjustment. Works OK. The clutch, pulley on the newer models is 5 inch and the drive belt is 83 inches. The number for a Goodyear belt is 5VX830. The 20 HP Honda runs great and I have had no problems with any part of it. I've had it less than a year but run it enough to give it a good try-out. You mentioned in another post that you could not find a data
plate. The only data plate on it is a serial number under the motor mount. (The shaft size on the engine-clutch pully is one inch)
--------------------
Charles

Slingshot

H60 Hawk Pilot

Charles

You gave me exactly what I needed and pictures to boot.

The LM 2000 I bought is a 2001 year model.  It has the motor base plate and adjustment pulley. Now that I have the belt size & I know what clutch size (5 inch) pulley to buy.

If will go with Honda power, 24 HP for $ 899.95, then I need to find the correct centrifucal clutch to mate up to it's engine shaft.

I read in the add that this Honda 24 HP had a taper shaft.  I expect ... that's why the price is so good.  I will call for the measurement of the  Honda output shaft.

Worst case, I can make an adapter to up-size to straight shaft clutch.. say 1 1/8 Dia. with 1/4 inch keyway slot. However, why re-design the wheel...  it when I can buy it off the shelf.

Again, Thank's for Information.

Avery 

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Ironwood

I'd like to get the electrics if you to part w/ them. PM me.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!