iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

slasher saw teeth

Started by pigpen, September 30, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigpen

good afternoon everyone...  I recently bough a hood slasher with a 60" hood saw and it has iks teeth inserts in it... want to replace them but not sure whether to buy new or just replace the carbide tip? obviously replacing carbide tip is cheapest but thats not always best as we have all learned... usually the hard way too!!!  any advise or opinion would be very helpful as always. Also can I replace them with kodiak teeth as I've heard that they are better these days. The teeth in the saw now (iks) say 57&8 wide on them... Have a great and safe day!

loggah

pigpen,we used to keep a extra  set all ready to go,no big deal to braze on new teeth. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

sshier

We use Kodiak work really well. We send the teeth out to get tipped works best for me I've got enough things on the to do list

tj240

kodiak shanks will work as long as you dont have the small kerf saw dont know the technicals , but to replace the teeth is easy if you have a torch. i used to always have extra teeth and shanks you can buy the shanks with the tooth attached that way you always have spares. good luck, you can slash alot of wood before changing teeth just watch for loose shanks. you can check this by hitting the saw loose ones will rattle. slash on. i believe kodiak is the replacement insert or shank. just remember you will need rivots
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

pigpen

thanks for the advise all... haven't had this slasher long but it sure speeds the pulp process up... working on getting some new inserts for a few extras... I'll try to get pics up soon of the old girl... anyone have any experience with 6cyl alis chalmers motors? thats whats on the slasher and a 6v92tta on the truck... both run very good. Thanks again!

Thank You Sponsors!