iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What company was it? Help

Started by Brad_bb, March 31, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

There was a company that made a bunch of attachments for small tractors and maybe ATV's for skidding, mounting a hitch on a 3pt.  I think there was even some kind of rear mounted forklift thing.  They had a bunch of neat attachments and forestry tools, and I thought they might have been a FF sponsor, at least at one time maybe.  Anyone know the company/website I'm looking for?  I swear I commented about it on the forum a couple years ago...

I looked at Norwood, and I'm not convinced it was them, unless they eliminated products from their line?  I remember a skidding device that had it's own axle and attached to a vehicle or tractor via a ball hitch.  the attachment had a steel plate with a bottom lip and it could be raised and lowered to lift the front of the log.   They also had a small 3pt hitch attachment for a utility tractor to convert it to a ball hitch.

They had very good product videos of their attachments.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

york

Albert

Brad_bb

It was Norwood.  I went though pages and pages of my old posts and found the video.  Norwood no longer has this vid on their website.  I think they must have eliminated a bunch of these products from their line.  Probably either not enough sales or simplified their functions.
http://youtu.be/VtTuhwk5plk
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

waho

They still have some of the items from the video, hopefully somebody from Norwood will chime in and enlighten us. The forklift addon for the atv looks real interesting.

delvis

If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

bandmiller2

Your right that's some handy stuff, and some original ideas. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

Nice stuff, I especially like the felling tool!  smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mike@Norwood

Hi Brad.

Yes, indeed the patented MultiMate system is one of our Norwood products. We do not carry it right now, though we do have a couple of other log-skidding-specific attachments for ATVs (the SkidMate and SkidLite).  And we also have a great tree-felling jack (the TimberTool) which is makes felling trees so much easier and safer.  You can check these out at http://www.norwoodsawmills.com/log-skidding .

Thanks again!

Mike at Norwood Sawmills

roger 4400

Hi Brad, maybe you could look at    NOVA JACK, they do a lot of tools like we like. Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Thank You Sponsors!