iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logrite cant hook

Started by EZ, October 08, 2012, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Went to the Paul Bunyan show Sunday and talk with my Baker buddy for a while.
Then my wife and I walk around a little and seen Kevin at the Logrite place. I was in the market to buy another logrite cant hook and told Kevin that my old logrite just wont work very well. He ask me if I sharpen it lately and I said no. he said thats probably all thats wrong with it. Got home and put an edge on it and it works like new. Pretty good guy that Kevin is, he could have just sold me a new one but he didnt. now I fill bad cause I didnt buy something.
EZ

thecfarm

Could of bought a brownie.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree Feller

When I bought my pre-owned mill, the seller included a wooden handled cant hook with it. The cant hook had $88 written on the handle.

I don't use it.

I had already gotten a 48" Logrite cant hook and there is no comparing the two. I wouldn't have believed the difference if I hadn't experienced it myself. The Logrite seems to hook itself and it doesn't slip once it bites. The wooden handled one...well, it doesn't bite as easy or hold as well. Nuff said.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

davidlarson

Some months ago I had bought a Logrite cant hook and a big Logrite log arch.  I recently had to cut up a big eastern white pine that had died and fallen down, and another white pine, also very big, that was too close to the house and would have fallen onto the house if a storm blew it in the wrong direction.  Both trees were about 30" in diameter "inside the bark" at the big end.  I cut the trees into a total of 8 10-foot lengths, which were easy for this small geriatric person to move with my Kubota RTV 900 and the Logrite tools.  Three of the logs made benches to sit on, around a bonfire area where we have picnics at our pond; the other five logs made a barrier along the side of the road going to our house, where previously tractors and pickups have gone off the road when winter ice makes it slippery at that point.  I've become a big fan of these Logrite products!
David L.

Magicman

I sawed 9 years using "other" cant hooks and peaveys.  My bad.  Once you get "HOOKED" on Logrite, nothing else compares.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

you cant go wrong with logrite!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Okrafarmer

I love my golden Logrite peavey!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

giant splinter

I sure like my Logrite 60"  orange (Wood-Mizer) cant hook ,I wish they made a hand held log tongs for moving the small stuff up to 12" and handling firewood etc.
roll with it

Okrafarmer

Need a bolt-hook, too. ("pulp hook" in New England).
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

EZ

When I first bought my logrite cant hook I didnt use it for a couple of yrs cause I didnt want to mess up the paint. So I fought with my old wooden handle ones until the wife put the logrite in the truck. now thats all I use.
EZ

francismilker

Sure wish I'd read this thread before I got on amazon.com and ordered one of those "other" ones yesterday!!!   Oh well, I'll need another in the future.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Meadows Miller

Francis You can always retun it and get yourself a LOGRITE  ;) ;D ;D logrite_cool logrite_cool   just check their policy before you do but then again your better of investing the little extra just to have something that dose what its spose to do and does it well IMHO Mate  ;)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Okrafarmer

I may have the only special edition golden Logrite in use in North America. Too bad I already scratched the paint.  :-\

Dan_Shade

you don't have the only one ;)

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dan, do you work with these or just look at them?  :D They're soooo clean.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

Looks like a LogRite sales display. :)  What's the story behind the gold ones?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on October 09, 2012, 06:08:47 PM

Every member that trades in their "CORAL RED" for an 

Gets a GOLD LOGRITE.  ;D

Meadows Miller

:D :D :D :D David  I am sure you missed your calling in marketing Mate  :) ;) :D ;D ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Dan_Shade

they were pretty new in that picture.

my yellow one is very well used:  a lot of it's paint is gone;

it's primary job is to get stuck in the ground and have the other end turned to change the direction of where the log is rolling.

Okrafarmer

Poston's response notwithstanding, the golden ones are sold to those who enjoy making people ask questions about them.  :-X The fact is, when I asked Tammy if she had any more scratch and dent Logrites left, she said no, but there were some left over from a special yellow order for a company in Germany. So she sold it to me at a slight discount. (Because, not being blue, it is more special, I guess). We also have an orange Stihl one, but I like the yellow one better. Maybe one day I will have an impressive 8-pack of Crayola Logrites to show off, even better than Dan Shade, but right now it isn't my highest priority, so I'll just be glad to be one of the few Golden Logrite owners. Now, I hope Logrite starts coming up with a "Golden Cant Hook Award" or something like that, to award every year to a worthy forestry participant.  ;D

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 09, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

Gets a GOLD LOGRITE.  ;D

...and that explains why they're so rare. ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

bandmiller2

I use my sawyers special to move timbers around,hook under the bottom,makes a good handle. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on October 09, 2012, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 09, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

Gets a GOLD LOGRITE.  ;D

...and that explains why they're so rare. ;D

Good one Paul!  :D

EZland

I have owned my sawmill for only a short time, but my favorite tool is my Logrite.  (Man that sounds sappy.) 
EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

Thank You Sponsors!