iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl Saw TS360 Concrete Cutter

Started by spike47, July 30, 2017, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike47

Hi there

I have just nearly rebuilt a TS360 , I was putting on the shroud then checking that the choke lever on the top of the shroud to the carburettor was working, but it is just going over the top of the choke lever on the carbuettor , I seem to have lost a linkage somehow , but when I look at the parts manual I cant find such a linkage that connects the carb to the choke lever "U" link under the shroud , does anyone know what could be missing , am stumped .

attaching a pic of the shroud , the sort of wire loop is what is on the underneath of the shround and that is conected to the choke lever on top of the shroud .
problem uploading pic !! ,  will try later
cheers

spike

ZeroJunk

I wish I could help you, but I don't think there is anything missing. The Stihl dealer asked me to come look at one. He was having the same problem. Have to admit I couldn't figure it out. He said later that he had figured it out. But, I don't know what he did.
Maybe some of these other guys can tell you.

joe_indi

Spike, I hope this screen grab will be of some help
This is the link to the image in My Gallery:
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/15459/ts360.JPG?easyrotate_cache=1501550926

And, this is the image

ZeroJunk

It's not part of the carb Joe, it is a horseshoe shaped wire loop that attaches underneath to a slide button on the outside of the cover. Cheesy way of doing it seems to me. Of course it is likely simple as pie once you figure it out.

joe_indi

I did a search in the 90s catalogue.
This looks the most promising
Something similar to the choke on some saws, Emak for example

ZeroJunk

Well, I was mixed up as usual. I'm thinking of part 20 on page 14 of the TS-08 IPL. Sorry about that.

Thank You Sponsors!