Sponsors:

Contract cutting

Started by linn, December 12, 2004, 06:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linn

Is anyone out there doing any contract cutting :

CosmoPack

Linn,
 I am starting a project to cut large hardwood logs for a mill close to home.  I just purchased a Peterson 10"WPF mill for the job.  I'll be starting the cutting job sometime after the first of the year.

What do you have going?

linn

I've got nothing going on ay the moment. Looking for some work after the first of the year.

ARKANSAWYER

The thing about cutting on contract deals is they keep growning till it is all you do.  Then they see how much you are costing them and your new truck and they decide they will upgrade and you are out of a contract and thus business.  If you do a short term deal or part time and delevelop  more business elsewhere then you have a buffer if one dries up.  If you were closer I could send you some subcontract work for me. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Frank_Pender

Welcome Linn.  I have lived in Oregon all my life and I am not sure if I have  driven through Proaxis, Oregon.  :-[  Where- abouts are you located in relation to a larger community?  I am just outside Dallas, Oregon, West of Salem.  
Frank Pender

linn

Hi Frank
That is a mistake. I'm in the Albany area. I've lived here my
whole life also. I'm trying to gather information to start another
carrear. I'm tired of doing what I'm doing, which is building
trailers.

Stephen_Wiley

Linn,

What experience do you have cutting? Give us a little more information about your experiences in tree cultivation.
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

WoodSmith

Hi there Linn,
Welcome to the forum. I to am working towards getting into the portable sawmill business, I don't have the saw yet looking at buying a Woodmizer LT40HD. Do you know about the Oregon Logging Conference in Eugene Saturday February 26, 2005 at the Lane County Fairgrounds?
That might be a good time to hookup with fellow woodworkers,hope to see you there.
We will be trying to have a place there where ForestryForum members can get connected.
Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!