iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pick-up !

Started by isawlogs, September 20, 2012, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

The old GM made getting a newer truck a whole bunch easier last week. We where on our way back from an auction when it gave up. We had talked about replacing her as the regular cab was a tight fit for the two labs, me and Renée. When it died on the road, not that it can not be fixed, just that even if I do, Renée will not get back in for a long ride .  ::)  Wimine are  funny that way sometimes !! That old GM rode like a steel wheeled wagon and she never did like to climb up into it, (it has a three inch lift kit )
  I did a search online for a 3\4 ton diesel with four doors and came up with this ...

Then I went looking for a trailer and found this one ..

The two labs really need to learn who has ownership of the pick-up, or they may be trying to tell me somethings here !!!!

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Good looking truck and smart dogs.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Well now, aren't you just something for sure.  Congratulations !!  You got smart dogs too.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

OH.....I see now......those are Labs. I thought they were the hired hands.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Burlkraft

Good for you Marcel  8) 8)
I saw this on face book but it was in French and you know I can't read French
I like the railer too. What will the dogs be hauling? Treats?   :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

tcsmpsi

I believe the Labs know what's what.  They're just waiting for the hoomans to ketchup.    ;D

Good haul, Marcel. 

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

snowstorm

looks like one of mine even the same color. 7.3 or 6.0?? i have a 7.3 and two 6.0. egr coolers were trouble on the 6.0 so watch for any loss of antifreeze. i deleted the cooler on one truck and will do the other. egr valve should be taken out and cleaned at least once a year.

LeeB

Proud to see you got away from GM and went to deisel to boot. You're headed in the right direction. Now you just need to go DODGE.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Thanks, its the 7.3 turbo, I could of had many of the 6 for less money and newr but was told to stay away from them.

Lee, the GM is a deisel also.  ;) :)

Steve, I am sorry about the all French on facebook, it just comes out so naturaly to me when I am on there and all the suroundings are in French, I will try to be more bilangual in the futur. ( just for you)  :-*
Those labs know what they want, I had them in the back with the seat down and a padded carpet over the steel back of the seats, as soon as I got out and closed the door they where on the front seats with a smile on there face.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Your truck matches your dogs  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Nice truck,nice trailer,nice dogs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Quote from: isawlogs on September 20, 2012, 07:30:25 PM
  Steve, I am sorry about the all French on facebook, it just comes out so naturaly to me when I am on there and all the suroundings are in French, I will try to be more bilangual in the futur. ( just for you)  :-*

I love you too Man  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

fishpharmer

Nice birthday present. :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

isawlogs

Actualy Fish, you're right on the money, as I was born a day late, I got the truck a day after my birthday.  :D :D

Marcel

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Cypressstump

Nice ride there bud !

I have a 2001 f350 7.3. I have had great service from this truck, just rolled 200k on it. The 7.3's were the less troublesome of the bunch, but are know oil leakers due to a few inferior o-ring gaskets Navistar put in them. I had a time, but got my leaks controlled.

One of the sites I visit, powerstroke.org, is full of very helpful information on all models of the powerstroke fords. Do yourself a favor and lurk around on that site under the '7.3' page.

You will learn a vast amount of infomation from the guys that have already experienced anything and everything on these motors.

Ironically I too have Labs, 2 black males, father and son , Beaux and Buster, 15 years old and 12. Nothing more loyal than a man's Lab.

Congrats ! 

PS - If you should ever have an issue, I may have already had that one too,,, drop me a line.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

isawlogs

Thanks I will keep that in mind  :P 8)

I have had, and did alot of miles with a few detroits and had the cumins too but I am new to the powerstroke team, I have many friends that have them and are for the most part very happy with them. Being new I have not yet learned the secret handshake, in time I am sure I will aquire this knowledge  :P 

Marcel

Mooseherder

Nice truck Marcel.
Your dogs are happy about it also. 8)

thecfarm

I thought the secret hand shake was a Chevy thing?  ;D
First thing you want to do is put the tail gate down and back into a 6 inch tree. Second is,use the same tree, run the drivers side,can be just the cab or just the box or the whole side if you want,into the side of the tree. Than you won't have to worry about putting a dent into that nice looking truck. You are welcome.  :D
I see a Ford that they did the tail gate thing to in town. But the tail gate was not down. Bumper and all has about a 6 inch indention in it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

If ever I need to have the truck you are discribing I will borrow my friend Tim's. Fit that to a cue.  :D Only he used his goose neck trailer to whack his tailgate, not like anyone would though, he whacked it with the gate closed. !! Now some may think that that is how every body whacks there gate, well not quite, Tim unhooked the goose neck and went in the house. Next morning, starts the truck lets it warm up, jumps out, puts saw or two in the box, closes the gate , jumps in and whack.. gets the gate from the inside . nice roundish dent from inside out  ;D  That was a Tim thing, there are Marcel things too  ::) :-X The other all around dents, nicks,scratches are from we call winter damage. Having a plow on a truck will normaly help a great deal to have winter damage.  ;)
  I went to Newport Vermont this afternoon to fill her up, fuel was 4.1799$\gallon
   Here the deisel was 1.3799$\liter

Marcel

SwampDonkey

This summer I found gas and diesel to be 8-10 cents a litre higher in Quebec than back here. Ottawa was 2 or 3 cents higher on the gas. There is no need of that in this country, there never was or is a shortage of gas and diesel here. Heck the Irvings are bringing oil by rail from Alberta (N Dakota) cheaper than they can get it from the Arabs. $20 a gallon cheaper. Lumber goes west to the Home Depots and oil comes back. ;D

As to the truck, best of luck. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!