iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

So is that trailer a "toy hauler" with the back hatch?  Figured your mill must be inside ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Not a Toy Hauler.  Just a short 23' fifth wheel, rear kitchen, center couch & dinette, bath, and front queen walk around bed.  219 RKS  Lightweight and just large enough for two people. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

We need to get a little mud on the tires  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sprucebunny

That big bar set-up on the front should stand up to the mosquitos  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All the way from Mississippi......Magicman and PatD pulled into the mill this afternoon.

Thank goodness they didn't bring any Red Bugs from Georgia.....  :D.......WDH.

We sat on the sawmill deck and chatted for a while.

Magicman served a little time behind my Cedar Bars.

I was really happy that Lynn and Pat got to meet my 91 year old Dad......and of course on his tractor as usual.

A little more chatting under the Pecan Tree.

Here's Pat and Julie

Magic with my Funny Money.......

......so he pulls out his Magic magnifying glass to see how funny it is.

Then its off to some fine dining at the Pump House down on the Catawba River.

The Pump House was once used to pump water from the river to a plant that employed a lot of people. Since then the company closed and it was turned into a restaurant.
This restaurant stands 5 stories high.

We go up an elevator to get to out reserved table.

No Lynn.....you cannot order "Justin Beaver" for supper.

Time to eat!

After our mill we went up to top floor to take in the view of the river and watch a few folks enjoy the water.

What a great time spending time with FF friends......even though both of our phones were either ringing or text were coming in about people wanting their lumber sawn.  :)
In the morning Magicman and myself will load some lumber for a customer, early, and then off to a good Country Breakfast.

Friday Morning June 30, 2917

So out morning starts with myself and Magic fixing a cup of coffee and touring the farm and other places of interest.

Then my morning customer calls and he's 30 minutes early to pick beams up.
Magic and I get to the mill and half the load is already loaded by hand.
I introduce them to Lynn and law and behold my customer is from Mississippi.  :o :o :o
They both knew family names from the Mississippi area. Small world.

We then picked PatD up from the Castle on Wheels and it was off to breakfast.
Making adjustments to our SC menu didn't take long.....I COULD NOT get Lynn to try LIVER MUSH!

With our belly's full it was time to pack up and for them to head North....against my recommendation.  :D :D :D
One of the best times of me and Julie's lives having Magicman and PatD here to visit.
A real treat!!!
........On the road again.....(old song).

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

Wow lots of excitement at the GOAT mill lately.

Dont that get your goat?

Looks like everyone is having a good time. The goat must be a wonderful host.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Da Goat for a Host !!  Danny (WDH) brought us meals on a tray and after last night we are feeling spoiled, except that this morning I have to work for the next meal.

From here it will be the beaches of Delaware.

caveman

Looks like time well spent.  Magic, enjoy the rest of your vacation (maybe no rest this morning-working with David-watch out, he might just plop down in one of those orange bag chairs and watch your work).
Caveman

WDH

Who is this backing up the road to my shop?  Hey dude, Maine is the other way, and you will get there much quicker if you go forward, not backwards  :).

Here he is collecting red bugs for the trip North. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Looks like a large time (old saying) for everyone involved.   8).   Have safe travels Lynn and Pat. 

Some trivia...years ago, late 1980's I went scuba diving under the bridge behind the pic of David and Lynn in the middle of winter (water temp 38F, used dry suite)...work assignment.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on June 30, 2017, 11:36:19 AM
Looks like a large time (old saying) for everyone involved.   8).   Have safe travels Lynn and Pat. 

Some trivia...years ago, late 1980's I went scuba diving under the bridge behind the pic of David and Lynn in the middle of winter (water temp 38F, used dry suite)...work assignment.

Find anything?

fishpharmer

Just a purple drank bottle, was it your's? :D No, we were looking for a murder weapon.  You live in a bad hood ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Hopefully I have scratched all of dem dratted Red Bugs off. 

David & Julie were wonderful hosts, even if I did have to work for meals.

We are down for the night, still in N. C., but barely.

Magicman

We did a bit of traveling yesterday.

Crossing the Chesapeake Bay.

We are now at Gary & Kay's (gspren) place in Delaware.  We are headed out into the bay to place Crab 🦀 Pots.

We left our ladies on the dock talking.

Headed out.  We will check them tomorrow and also do some trappings.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice Lynn......but the ladies didn't look to happy left on the dock.  ;D

WDH

You look crabby.  Red bugs are related to crabs. 

Magicman

FF members seem to like to gather.

DelawhereJoe, gspren, MM, and Delawhere Jack.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Whats the temperature up there? Any of the Southern humidity?

WDH

None of them looked like they was sweating.

gspren

Quote from: WDH on July 02, 2017, 07:41:27 PM
None of them looked like they was sweating.
Temp was a steady 73F inside where the pic was taken, 84F outside. MM will work up a sweat tomorrow pulling in those crab pots and traps.

PS; Did you notice how good looking those guys are?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WDH

Where?   :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Photoshop.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!