iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Would someone be able to take a few measurements for me?

Started by WoodenHead, April 30, 2013, 08:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

I'm not ready yet to attempt to add a two plane clamp to my LT40 manual mill.  However, I would like to size up the job.  So, I am in need of a few measurements.  If there is anyone out there who can take a few measurements for me on their LT40 hydraulic mill (with two-plane clamp), that would be much appreciated.

Here are a couple pictures showing what I am looking for:

In this second picture I'm looking for the distance between the bunk and the backstop for the clamp.  I'm curious if it is located in the same spot as the one on my manual mill.

BTW:  The first picture is an LT40 hydraulic demonstrated by Woodmizer at one of their shows.  The second picture is POSTONLT40's machine.

WDH

You need to hire Forum member Pineywoods as a Consultant  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WoodenHead

You are right!  ...except that Pineywoods advised in a previous post a while back not to move forward with this mod.   :D 

Brucer

OK, not exactly what you asked for, but you should be able to calculate it from these dimensions.

1) The distance between the two bed rails is 27" centre to centre.
2) The bed rails (not the stainless tops) are 2" wide. That would make dimension A = 25".
3) The distance from the centre of the front bed rail to the centre of the horizontal clamping tube is 7.25".
4) The width of the "bump out" (dimension B) is 8". The horizontal clamping tube is centred on the bump-out.
5) Dimension D is 2".
6) Dimension F cannot be determined exactly because the backstop can slide sideways to adjust it (at least on my mill). The bracket the supports the backstop is centred on the horizontal clamping tube (see #3 above).

That's the best I can do, late at night, across town from my mill. We won't even talk about why I have a complete dimensional drawing of my mill at home ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

WoodenHead

Thanks Brucer!  You probably have given me enough information to figure it out.

I double checked dimension "A" this morning to make sure that the manual mill has the same 25" space available (and it does  8)).

WoodenHead

I am in need of another measurement for the clamp.  On the log loader side I need to know what the distance is from the top of the 4x4 frame to the centre of the top bolt hole as shown on the diagram.

Actually I also need a measurement from the centre of the bolt holes to the top of the main rail on the other side of the clamp as well.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture for that one.

Thank You Sponsors!