iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 question log bunk spacing

Started by Dan_Shade, July 15, 2013, 08:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

My mill is off site right now....  Do any of you guys know how far apart the bunks are closest to the clamp?

(how short of a cant can you hold with the clamp?)

I need to make up a jig to hold short logs.  I'm thinking pipe clamps to end dog the logs.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WoodenHead

If you have a 1998 or newer LT40 the distance is 27 inches center to center I believe.  My mill is a 2006 and that is the measurement between the bunks (c-c) surrounding the clamp and turner.  (25 inches in between the bunks)

drobertson

Not sure the model or year but I would say the last post is real close, back from the mill now, not sure the exact measurement, If I were to guess on my 05' super, I would day 32-36. Between the four bunks is just under 8'  I would say regardless, use some parallels that hit the stop blocks, and a spacer board that holds the cant over the  gap if one is too short.  Done it a few times,  if you have a pile of them to cut, make a fixture , david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dan_Shade

so 24" will drop between the bunks?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

drobertson

Mine, 24-3/4" Will fall through, clamp is from operators side 8" from bunk, 29" will set on both bunks, best scenario is to make a fixture in my opinion.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!