iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Frame Workshop in Southeast Nebraska (Oct 7-11)

Started by VictorH, July 21, 2017, 11:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorH

Hello Friends

Jim Rogers will be teaching and I will be hosting a Timber Frame Workshop.  The dates for this are Saturday Oct. 7 - Wednesday Oct. 11.  We are offering this as a 3 or 5 day event.  If you want to attend for 3 days you can do so Oct 7-9.  The 9th is Columbus Day so that may help with those of us with a job.  Those who can and want to soak up even more of Jim's teaching, wisdom and experience are invited to attend for all 5 days.  The focus of the workshop is to teach square rule layout and cutting of the basic and common joinery found in a Timber Frame building.  We will "fit up" bents and if all goes well the hope it to raise a small frame.

Cost:  $360.00 for the 3 day option and $525.00 for all 5 days.

Lunch and snacks will be provided each day.

Space is limited so be sure to reserve your spot.

As always a donation will be made to the Forestry Forum.

Jim_Rogers

How many have you got signed up so far?

Did you get the email from the Professor?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

VictorH

We have 4 signed up including the Professor from Kansas University.  Waiting to hear from 3 others who have told me over the last year they wanted to come to the next workshop.

Jim can you post or link the recommended tool list?

Victor

Jim_Rogers

I'll attach a pdf so anyone can download it and use it printed out to check off their list of tools on hand, and determine what tools they will need to acquire.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

DPatton

Victor,

Do you still have room? I'm trying decide if I can make it or not?
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

VictorH

VictorH

We have 2 spots still available.  I do not plan having a workshop next year so if you are still deciding now is the time.  ;D

DPatton

VictorH,

It sounds as though I will be able to attend. Please count me in.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

VictorH

klpauba

Hey Victor,

I'm registered for the three-day workshop but I'm now thinking of staying for five.  Is that possible?

Thanks!

VictorH

It sure is Kevin.  You can let me know ahead of time, when you arrive or even the day you originally planned to leave!!  LOL

klpauba

VictorH

will do Kevin - Just you or your son and brother as well?

klpauba

Thank You Sponsors!