iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Injured Moose

Started by Billbob, June 28, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billbob

Thought that you folks would be interested in this.  Injured moose on my game camera two days ago.  Looks like his front right leg is broken.  You can see the bone sticking out. 
We had an exceptionally hard winter this year with lots of snow and lots of ice.  He probably broke his leg when he went through some ice.  Poor bugger won't last long if the coyotes catch up to him.

http://youtu.be/El4uh91Koc8
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

coxy

says video is private  :-\

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Yup,  can't view it!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Well, until wer can see the injured moose would you settle for an injured Sandhill Crane?  I've been watching this one for a couple weeks and got him on camera. He gets around pretty good for having one leg that doesn't really work.

http://youtu.be/JRf42FUVeSI
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Billbob

Rats! >:(   I changed it to public so you should be able to see it now.  Nice bird by the way, Jeff.

http://youtu.be/El4uh91Koc8
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

clww

Both are interesting videos. I see he can walk fairly well, but will probably be taken out by large predators. :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

But that moose just might make it.  We had a buck several years ago that we watched for at least 3 years.  One hind leg was a mess, but he kept hobbling along.  The antler on the opposite side was deformed which is normal.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Billbob

Quote from: clww on June 29, 2014, 10:21:40 AM
Both are interesting videos. I see he can walk fairly well, but will probably be taken out by large predators. :-\
Quote from: Magicman on June 30, 2014, 12:59:30 PM
But that moose just might make it.  We had a buck several years ago that we watched for at least 3 years.  One hind leg was a mess, but he kept hobbling along.  The antler on the opposite side was deformed which is normal.

You just never know.  I give him a 50/50 chance either way.  But I give him 0% chance if I get my moose license in the fall! ;)

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on June 30, 2014, 12:59:30 PM
But that moose just might make it.  We had a buck several years ago that we watched for at least 3 years.  One hind leg was a mess, but he kept hobbling along. 

I agree. We had a doe missing a rear leg below the knee ( do deer have knees?) that hung out near our house for two years.  She loved to browse in the huckleberries in the back yard. The third winter we quit seeing her.

We hoped that she was harvested and not hit by a car or caught by the coyotes.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!