iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you to the Forestry Forum for your vailient effort.

Started by Jeff, May 24, 2013, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

First I want to thank everyone for your support and taking time out of your day each day for several days to help me try and win a contest. I've been avoiding saying anything, as I didn't want to disappoint anyone going into the holiday weekend, but i have had contact with the contest people and figure its time to just put it out there.  :-\  I'll just paste what I have from the emails.

Thanks again everyone.

QuoteGood morning Jeff,

Yes, you can free to tell family and friends. We will be announcing your win on Tuesday following the Memorial Day holiday. Have a great weekend!

Antonio

Sent from my iPhone

On May 24, 2013, at 10:02 AM, "Jeff Brokaw" <jeff@forestryforum.com> wrote:

> Antonio,
> Is it appropriate yet for me to tell people I have won?  I've not heard from the PR Manager yet or have seen anything on the LifeGoesStrong website, so I've been keeping it to myself other than my close family. I'd like to thank the people that voted for me for their support, and let them know I was selected, but I don't want to do it prematurely.
>
> Thank you for your guidance,
> Jeff Brokaw
>
> On 5/22/2013 4:36 PM, Hawthorne, Antonio (NBCUniversal) wrote:
>>
>> <mime-attachment.png>
>>
>> Hi Jeff:
>>
>> Congratulations! I just wanted to confirm with you that you have been selected as our grand winner of LifeGoesStrong's Live Healthier, Live Better $10,000 Contest, which took place from March 25 – May 17, 2013.
>>
>> Your grand prize is a $10,000 cash prize!
>>
>> Our PR Manager, may reach out to you if she has not already about publicizing your win. Please work with her, so we continue to spread your story.
>>
>> In the meantime please provide me with a mailing address, so I can mail out the necessary paperwork you will have to complete before we can send you your prize!
>>
>> Congrats again!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Antonio and the Life Goes Strong team

;) ;) ;)
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

giant splinter

Wow Jeff,
You took this one to the limit ................. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!! smiley_clapping
roll with it

Jeff

The very best part of this, is I am able to do what was the goal the entire time, to write a big fat check for RETT's Syndrome research as promised. Something I would have never been able to without the contest. The first thing I did when I found out I won, which was actually a couple days ago, was to Call Brynn's mom and let her know. That was a great feeling.  :)

RynSmith

How completely AWESOME!  Not only do you get to support Brynn and RETT's research, but you're supporting yourself by being healthy!  Well done and CONGRATULATIONS!

smiley_clapping

8)  8)  8)

beenthere

Congratulations on the big win Jeff. For you as well as Brynn
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Shotgun

Great news, Jeff!  You did a great job as Santa, you wrote a great essay for the contest, you have great intentions, and you have a great bunch of supporters.  So happy that you won.  Although I'm not the least bit suprised.  Way to go!!!  Congratulations!  Now you have two prizes, less weight and more money.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

That's wonderful news, Jeff.  Set some aside for taxes!

thecfarm

I knew you would win.  :D  Congrats and than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

crtreedude

So, how did I end up here anyway?

wwsjr

Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Fla._Deadheader

smiley_clapping smiley_turkey_dancing smiley_thumbsup_grin smiley_thumbsup_grin
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

isawlogs

8) 8)  Congratulation Jeff, your the man.  8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

hillbillyhogs

Jeff

By the time I make the donation to RETTS and take out for taxes, I'm hoping to have enough left to do the site prep needed for the building we want to put up some day that will be storage/shop as well as a rain shelter/pavilion for the Forestry Forum pigroasts.

Furu

Congratulations on your win!!  It will benefit a great cause as you planned.

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Andy White

Jeff
Congratulations on a worthwhile win!!!   We knew you could do it.      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Roxie

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!