iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 200T super bee

Started by Al_Smith, January 02, 2011, 04:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

This little gem was given to me by a kind gent in California who owns a very successful tree service company .The piston was cut for around 10-12 thou raised pop up .

The original piston /head deck clearence was around 32 thou I think and taken down to 19 thou by shaving the base .

Exhaust and intake ports reworked but not much done to the open transfers which are huge by comparrison to cylinder size .Firstly I really didn't know what to d o with them and secondly the cylinder is so tiny it's nearly impossible get into to it if I would have wanted to tweek it some .

Generally speaking a 2 cuber over the blocks makes the two cuts on 8 by 8s' in 22-24 seconds .A stock 020 or 200 is around 15 .This one is right around 11 seconds.

This thing 4 cycles at 15,100 rpm .The draw back to enhanceing one is they really get an appetite for fuel .This one sucks it down about twice as fast as a 200T stocker I own which would be a nuisance for a trimmer .

Al_Smith

:D Goody goody it only took me 3 days to figure out how to post a picture .Not too bad for an old dog to learn a new trick  8)

Captain

and now we expect more  ;D

Captain

wannabeonetoo

Quote from: Captain on January 02, 2011, 06:52:38 AM
and now we expect more  ;D

Captain

Yeah, that 034/036 hybrid is one I am itchin' to see !! Did you get it done up yet Al ??

Steve

Al_Smith

The 034/036 is together but I didn't do any work on it .The things runs pretty good considering it's basically just stock parts with the exception of the Meteor piston . Most likely before winters end it will fiind a new home and in it's place will be a pristene Mac .

Not to worry I can always find another 034 or 036 to tinker with .

Cut4fun

Hey Al is that the same bumble bee I have seen run and ran before?

Did you say pristine Mac 805  ;)

Al_Smith

Yep that's the one that has it's "moments " at times .Sometimes I think that little peckerwood has mine of it's own . Pretty fussy about temperature and elevation .

All it takes is a little nudge on the high speed a tad one way or the other but the little darlin never gives me a hint if it going to act up . I had an ex wife like that . :D

Thank You Sponsors!