iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chatting and/or Coaching with Jim Rogers

Started by Jim_Rogers, September 28, 2011, 11:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

This is a free offer.

My idea is that I would host a free coaching/chat session for beginner timber framers, as well as experienced timber framers with an online meeting via my gotomeeting format.

I was thinking that we could have an online meeting where you would/could watch my computer screen as we chat on a party line over the phone. The gotomeeting system picks a phone number to use in the USA and one that is for Canada. If this phone number is a toll call for you, then you'll have to pay for that.

The gotomeeting system allows me to host a meeting with up to 15 participants and myself.

So, to sign up for this meeting you'll have to send me a regular email via the regular email system and I'll send you a link to log into the meeting. The first 15 to send in will be on the list.
If I see that there is more interest I may schedule a second session, possibly the same day at a later time or another day.

I've been trying to think of a time that may work for all or most. And to not interfere with regular work schedules. As of right now I'm thinking of this Sunday morning (10/2/2011) at 8 am eastern time, for about an hour or so.

This would be a round table discussion of timber framing for beginners or others are welcome as well. Any questions can be asked. I may not have all the answers but I will try my best to help anyone who attends.

I have thousands of photos of timber framing projects and events that we could look at. I have some videos as well. Or we can just sit and chat about tools, methods, designs anything or everything, except politics and religion. Sawmilling is also available to be discussed.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in, by sending me an email. My email address is in my profile. Please no PM's as I can't send the gotomeeting link over that system.

Jim Rogers

PS. If you have any questions about this either email me or post them here.
Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question only a question that need an answer.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

Some of the videos I was thinking of sharing were the recent ones I did about the tools on the tools for timber framing list.
I haven't finished editing them yet, so they would be some what "raw" videos. But you could still get some useful information out of them.

Also, for those of you who aren't familiar with with gotomeeting, you can go to their website and this page to see how it works:

http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/online_meeting

Also, for those who do attend, I will give each one a copy of my newest drawing which is a drawing for a mailbox post, support beam with brace, that looks like this:

This drawing set contains all the necessary views for each piece, the post, the beam, and the brace, in order for you to create your own mailbox support. (mailbox not included)

Please don't let the technology of an online meeting scare you. It's fun and easy. We do it all the time to show people frame designs and teaching drawing methods and how to use cad drawing software.

Jim Rogers

PS. If the day and time doesn't work for you suggest another.....

Jim_Rogers

I have some open spots on the live chat, if you want to join just click on the link below:

1.  Please join my meeting, Sunday, October 02, 2011 at 8:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/769882762

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (773) 945-1018
Access Code: 769-882-762
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 769-882-762

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy™

ljmathias

Sorry I couldn't make it- middle of a major report that was due today and had church at 9 am (8 am EST)... hope it went well.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Brad_bb

Did it happen?  How did it go?  I knew I wasn't going to be available then unfortunately.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!