iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saw Day. 562XP

Started by schmeg, April 01, 2014, 06:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M_S_S

Lol I guess us west coast boys don't understand balance. I run a 24'' on my 562xp and a 28'' or 32'' on my 385xp.
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

HolmenTree

Quote from: M_S_S on April 15, 2014, 09:58:22 PM
Lol I guess us west coast boys don't understand balance. I run a 24'' on my 562xp and a 28'' or 32'' on my 385xp.
Lol, west coast balance means nothing for the application in this thread.
The OP and the majority of posters on this thread are from no where near the left coast :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

schmeg

Sorry, there is nothing left of center in my life, but anyway, had the saw out again today. Purposely trying to get it to bog just playing around with it. Outside temp 35F. Clear, low humidity. A good day for working. Here are some findings:
1. Saw doesn't bog at all after start-up and for first few minutes of operation. Runs real clean.
2. Once the saw is up to temp, it won't bog if it idles for less than 5 seconds.
3. If you let the saw idle for a couple of minutes, it bogs bad for a split second then either rips hard or stalls. Not much smoke, but some when it revs up, so it acts more like the saw is loading up than leaning out, but it actually could be a little of both.
4. Outside of this small issue which can be annoying at times, this saw runs like a motocross bike with a bar attached to it.
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

HolmenTree

Schmeg,  when I bought my 562  new after some use it started to give some erratic behaviors.  I put a new spark  plug in and has been running good ever since.

schmeg

I'm heeding over to the saw shop tomorrow to pick up my 2 year old grandson a plastic chainsaw so he can help me with cutting this weekend. I'll pick one up then and give it a try. 
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

HolmenTree

Seeing the saw is new you still have warranty on your side if worse case scenario the plug doesn't help.

schmeg

Well, I went in for a plug today. I discussed the bog issue with the owner of the shop. He said that Husky is coming out with a new carb later this spring. If the saw still has the issue when the carb comes out, he will replace the carb under warrantee. When I brought this up, he was well versed in the problem. He stated some saws do it, some don't. I'll be trying the new plug later today.
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

schmeg

New plug didn't do a thing.
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

HolmenTree

That's unfortunate.  Warranty it will be :-\

Spike60

These problems are often misinterpreted on forums like this. Only a very small number of the saws have a carb with this issue. But the pending arrival of a new carb leads some to the mistaken conclusion that all of the EL-46 carbs have the same issue.

If your saw is actually bad enough that it will stall, another of the current carb can be installed and the problem will most likely disappear. It's not like you have to live with the problem until the new carb is available. Did the dealer plug it in and hit the fuel setting reset?

Some other mis-information in this thread: AT does NOT only work in hi-speed. There is no manual Lo speed mixture or even an idle adjustment screw. The entire RPM range is controlled by AT and the throttle position sensor.

It is often possible to create some slight hesitation on an otherwise perfectly running saw by frequent and unecessary throttle blipping between cuts. I discovered this as I'm one of those chronic throttle blippers that's annoying to be around.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

sharkey

How about when you shut the saw down to move limbs, does it fire right back up easily? 

HolmenTree

Quote from: Spike60 on April 18, 2014, 06:48:34 AM
It is often possible to create some slight hesitation on an otherwise perfectly running saw by frequent and unecessary throttle blipping between cuts. I discovered this as I'm one of those chronic throttle blippers that's annoying to be around.  :)
I was thinking the same too Spike. Seeing I noticed the OP mentioned earlier he was "trying to bog" the saw.

schmeg

Re-starts are good. It always fires right up with or without high idle. The only issue is a lean spot just off idle. I flooded it yesterday during the cold start, but that was probably my fault. I'm interested to see if the saw works out of this with more use. After all, its only had a total of a half gallon of fuel put through it. I understand sometimes they work out of this issue. jay.
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

HolmenTree

Jay, did you do the 5 minute at WOT in the wood as the owners manual instructs?

Spike60

Quote from: schmeg on April 18, 2014, 12:01:39 PM
Re-starts are good. It always fires right up with or without high idle. The only issue is a lean spot just off idle. I flooded it yesterday during the cold start, but that was probably my fault. I'm interested to see if the saw works out of this with more use. After all, its only had a total of a half gallon of fuel put through it. I understand sometimes they work out of this issue. jay.

What's that old joke?

"Doc, if I press right here it hurts."

"Then don't press there anymore."

:D

Oooops, meant to quote Holmen's post. How do you delete this????????????
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

schmeg

Quote from: HolmenTree on April 18, 2014, 12:52:23 PM
Jay, did you do the 5 minute at WOT in the wood as the owners manual instructs?
Yes I did, Laid right into a nice cherry stump. I've been making cookies on it ever since day one. Went out and sawed up a little bit today after work. Just a tank full. OAT is 50ish F. It seems the bog is there all the time regardless of idle time now. Once the saw spins down to idle, then when you trigger it up to full throttle, it will bog, or feel lean until it gets spinning. If this was my EFI snowmobile, I would just plug my laptop into the Powercommander and add a few points to the fuel table at that RPM and throttle position. Anyone ever hot wire a a fuel module to a saw?
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

HolmenTree

Quote from: Spike60 on April 18, 2014, 06:48:34 AM
These problems are often misinterpreted on forums like this. Only a very small number of the saws have a carb with this issue. But the pending arrival of a new carb leads some to the mistaken conclusion that all of the EL-46 carbs have the same issue.

If your saw is actually bad enough that it will stall, another of the current carb can be installed and the problem will most likely disappear. It's not like you have to live with the problem until the new carb is available. Did the dealer plug it in and hit the fuel setting reset?

Some other mis-information in this thread: AT does NOT only work in hi-speed. There is no manual Lo speed mixture or even an idle adjustment screw. The entire RPM range is controlled by AT and the throttle position sensor.

ehp

your saw is no different than any other 562 I have ever seen and I have seen alot of them, I keep reading they are to lean off idle , every 562  I have worked on stock or ported was rich and never lean off idle and once you study the carb setup you will see and understand why that is , I build a single part for the fuel system and I have zero bog and I'm not sure why no one else has done this as it was very easy to see what the fuel system needs to come off idle proper . The carb setup on the 562 has quite a large range in fuel and even at - 35 outside it still has lots of fuel and is not running lean but jets down in 80 F heat good as well, yes sometimes they donot like starting when hot but thats more a heat problem than anything else , The 562 produces more heat cause it produces more power than most saws in that cc size , more power means more engine heat , I have very little problems with my ported 562s on hot starts and I have ran the crap out of these saws and I like my ported 562s more than any other saw I have ever owned , Spike you have never seen a throttle blipping guy until you hear me running a saw  :o, I'm brutal for that but the 562 would just sit on the rpm limiter all the time if you did not blip the throttle

leonid123

I have 661 new ones purchased in the summer, then I bought 550 xp already used but it works almoust like a new one. It had only 4 minutes of work. In the fall, I purchased 192T and the 201T, in excellent condition  . In September I bought a 2077 turbo in perfect condition. Now I want to buy 562 xp, and I’ll stop on that for now. By the way, in Romania 562 xp you can buy a new one from the store for 500 euros.

Wairoa

We use ours with 16in bar. Perfect balance. Any thing longer is like having a horse dong. Looks flash but you want something thats works well and is easy to handle all day long.Struggle to see Husqvarna recommending a long bar for the saw. If anyone can I would love to read Husqvarna's response email on this issue.

Thank You Sponsors!