iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Independence Day

Started by Magicman, July 04, 2019, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Independence Day.  We usually just refer to it as the 4th.  If we are headed to an event folks usually say that they are "going to the 4th".

I have never known anything other than a family gathering which is what it will be this year except that it will not be at the Cabin.  Due to the wind storms that we have had, none of my trails are usable so the scavenger hunt was out anyway.  Also one Daughter and her entire family is in Exuma on a Mission Trip, so we will host the rest of the family here at home.

No fireworks, just Family, Eats and Treats.  digin_2 digin1 cone_1 food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

69bronco

Can't ask for anything more!!

doc henderson

God Bless America!     usflag
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Have a good one. We just had our 151st on Monday.

It's funny though, ours was just a simple transfer of title with the British North America Act during Confederation and later lands from the Hudson's Bay Co. transferred to the Government. Not a shot fired, but more of a conjoining until we became truly independent in 1982 when the UK Parliament passed the Canada Act. This granted full sovereignty to Canada, and so marks the date at which Canada became truly independent. So we are a little slow up here getting around to it. ;)

Kinda like when Donald Smith drove the last spike on the railroad. It was to mark our unity by rail, the national dream. It was more like, "Ok boys, now that this moment is over, what's next for the day?" :D Well I guess we did celebrate our independence, but not our unity. It was a rather 'ho hum' moment on the unity thing. Each province is still like a country in itself when it comes to trade. Been a battle ever since confederation, New Brunswick for one lost big time, far worst. Kept us poor ever since. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Actually it was 152, you are a year behind the times :D Interesting isn't it. We are neighbors and former British colonies yet the paths to soveringty were quite different.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Yes, of course Sawguy. :D

Where the heck did two years go? ;)

I guess it was lost between selling a house, moving, building a house, and moving in. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GAB

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 04, 2019, 11:24:13 AM
Yes, of course Sawguy. :D

Where the heck did two years go? ;)

I guess it was lost between selling a house, moving, building a house, and moving in. :D :D
You better check your drivers license to make sure it is still valid.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Gary_C

Make sure you all faithfully watch the National 4th of July Celebration. 

My state Senator was on the local news condemning the National 4th of July Festivities for political reasons. I think she should resign anyway as all she is doing is campaigning for a job while neglecting the one for which she was elected.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: GAB on July 04, 2019, 01:59:40 PM
You better check your drivers license to make sure it is still valid.
GAB
Address never changed. All mail came to my box at the new house address. I had lived there in the old house and took the old house down before building the next year. ;D

florida

We had all the local family plus one grandson from Colorado at our house. We rode ATV's, played in the pool, drank some beer, smoked some ribs and porkchops froma hog we butchered 2 weeks ago, made ice cream and ate too much. About fireworks time we had a big storm so had to delay those until tonight. We all slept well!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

SwampDonkey

With the windows up in the house all night I did here the fireworks going off in Mars Hill, Maine. I never saw the display because of the mountain between me and them. ;)

btulloh

I hate to take time away from this topic, but. ...

Swamp Donkey, I'm confused, do you live in North Dakota or Maine?
HM126

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

No, I live in New Brunswick. My house is just a step across the boundary line from Maine. Mars Hill is a town in Maine at the foot of a mountain with the same name. That is all in sight and ear shot of the house here. I have a woodlot closer to the mountain, in NB.

I follow videos of a fellow in North Dakota, Mark Bernstein, so I mention that state sometimes in my ramblings. :D

btulloh

Thanks.  Don't know exactly how I got my wires crossed up.   It seemed like you were in the midwest and northeast almost simultaneously.  I thought maybe you had special powers.  :D

Back to the topic.  

HM126

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 04, 2019, 09:53:43 AM
Have a good one. We just had our 151st on Monday.

It's funny though, ours was just a simple transfer of title with the British North America Act during Confederation and later lands from the Hudson's Bay Co. transferred to the Government. Not a shot fired, but more of a conjoining until we became truly independent in 1982 when the UK Parliament passed the Canada Act. This granted full sovereignty to Canada, and so marks the date at which Canada became truly independent. So we are a little slow up here getting around to it. ;)

Kinda like when Donald Smith drove the last spike on the railroad. It was to mark our unity by rail, the national dream. It was more like, "Ok boys, now that this moment is over, what's next for the day?" :D Well I guess we did celebrate our independence, but not our unity. It was a rather 'ho hum' moment on the unity thing. Each province is still like a country in itself when it comes to trade. Been a battle ever since confederation, New Brunswick for one lost big time, far worst. Kept us poor ever since. :D :D
SwampDonkey,
They don't teach us much about how you-all got your independence up there.  It sounds pretty interesting, I may have to find me a book on that a do a little brushin up!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!