iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blackberries,

Started by bama20a, June 23, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

Any of you raise Blackberry's? Went to a friends yesterday & got about a gallon,
Biggest berrys I've ever seen,
He has two rows of tame berrys,One row is thornless type.While I was there he dug me up 6 plants & told me how to plant them.
I know it's late to plant,But what the hey.They was free  8),He also said even planting this time of year if I would keep them watered they would make it.
Now to get the wife up & make me a cobbler ;DMark,,,,,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

clww

I'll start picking them from our wild patch in the yard here next week.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

Am assuming you are not talking black Raspberries.
Our wild black raspberries are yet to come... they seem a bit sparse this year too, maybe due to the dryness last summer.

Our wild blackberries don't come until late July or early August this far north.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bama20a

These are blackberries,I don't have rasberrys this far south :(, We are a little ahead on the wild berries here.They are just about gone here. Mark,,,,,,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

thecfarm

Blackberries just gone done with the blossoms. Have a well to go. Will go pick strawberries tommorow morning. And probaly the next morning and the next morning. Have to put some away for The C Farm jam.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scgargoyle

There are a lot of wild blackberries here in upstate SC. I've been picking bowls of them for a couple weeks now. This year is especially good, probably because of the wet winter/spring/summer.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Wick

Watch out for those DanG chiggers.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

I have bazillions here on the BillaRosa! Some of the stalks are 8' tall. I've been defining property lines and pluck them for snacks while tractoring.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

I haven't been out to check, but the briars were absolutely covered with blossoms a couple of weeks back, so in a few weeks we should have loads of berries.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

We got kajillions of them here but they are real small and sour.  The rains came at the wrong time.  Funny thing, but the only big ones are beside that tree behind my shop.  I think I'll save those for the grandkids! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sandhills

Choke cherry trees are loaded here, we don't have any blackberries I'm aware of, but I never saw a single wild plum bush blossom yet  :-\, of course we also were getting snow into May.

ancjr

Starting a patch is on my to-do list.

ET

We have both black raspberries and blackberries (also 10' tall). The raspberries are just now coming on. The blackberries will come yet in July. A big hit with the kids, something to look forward to just like spring morals!
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

clww

Just came inside from picking some berries with my wife, after supper. Think they need about another week and they'll be perfect.
DanG chiggers is right! :o I won't go out there with shorts and no socks again. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Wick

Timber Harvester 30HT25

SPIKER

ate some today black rasberrys are done pretty much and the Black Berries are coming on but we had later frost and pretty much hurt a lot of them...   The ones that are coming in taste good tho  8)
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!