iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

charging problem

Started by snowstorm, April 03, 2018, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

i bought another truck this winter 2012 f350 6.7. it was to good a deal to pass up. the battery lite was on but it did charge. before i got it it went to the ford dealer. they thought the yellow com wire from the back of the alt.to the pcm was broke. so they ran a new wire. that might have been fine but instead of tapping into the yellow they used a yellow with a green tracer. that was a bit odd. so i put it back the way it was. replaced bolth com wires and the batt. singal wire. batt. lite still on engine idles fast. finally put a new alt. on and all is as it should be. now to track down why sometimes the abs lite comes on

GRANITEstateMP

snowstorm,

One of our master techs battled with a Corolla for hours.  Battery light was on, needed an alternator.  Replaced the alternator with an aftermarket one. All worked fine, until the customer picked it up, battery light was on, but a bit dim.  The tech started testing things, alt first, it was putting out power.  Check wires to and from the ecm for signal, even pulled the cluster out to check and see if something was crossing / shorting to cause the light to illuminate.  Ended up that the aftermarket alt was putting out power, just not enough to kill the light, tried another aftermarket without any more luck.  We put a new factory one in and all was well.  I think I liked it a lot better when there wasn't a battery light, just a voltmeter!

Not sure how the abs systems work in those trucks but could some rust chips be blocking the sensor from seeing the reluctor wheel and causing the light to come on randomly?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

barbender

I'm aware of aftermarket alternators causing problems in Ponsse machines as well.
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

even with the fleet price ford was more money than napa. i bought it from ford

DFILER2

If the abs light is intermittent, it may be the sensor on the rear axle. 

Thank You Sponsors!