iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

Not sure how common this on is, only heard it once..... from Dad. But it has stuck with me all these years.

"At least three times a day, ask yourself:

Who am I?
Where am I?
What am I doing?
What am I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?!?"

:-[ Maybe it will become more popular someday now that I've shared it.

Delawhere Jack

from my brother Jim, which have also stuck with me for years. Very sound advice:

"Don't give advice, the wise don't need it, and the fools won't heed it."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Who am I?
Where am I?
What am I doing?
What am I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?!?"

Thanks for sharing Jack. I will start asking myself these questions Monday morning.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Who am I?

(I would never get past that one  :)). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

shootingarts

Justin Wilson the Cajun comedian and cook had a saying to describe certain ladies: "She is so good looking I looked her up one side and right back down the same side!"

Unfortunately it is the unkind things we remember, they are usually funnier anyway!

One more saying found at many businesses and offices. "Everyone that passes through this doorway brightens my day. Some by coming, some by going!

There was quite an attractive co-worker that had recently been hired at a friend's workplace. The guys couldn't resist talking about her a little, nothing crude. Just as my friend commented she was cuter than a speckled pup she rounded a nearby corner, so close it was obvious she had heard the comment. When another guy in the group commented about it my friend stuck by his guns with the lady still in earshot. "If she doesn't know that is quite a compliment I feel sorry for her, she has never seen a speckled pup!"

Hu

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Be careful how you choose your friends.....I would rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Remember when we were all young and wishing we would hurry up and grow up so we could do what we wanted to, when we wanted to?

Well how's that working out for you?   ???

julio

I try to work smarter not harder
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

thecfarm

Many hands,make light work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LaneC

Idle hands are the devils work shop
Man makes plans and God smiles

ancjr

Whenever my mom asked great grandma "What is that?" Great grandma would answer "I put that there to catch meddlers"

I don't think ma got the joke until after great grandma passed away....

mesquite buckeye

He's got more excuses than an old coon hound has fleas. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

If you could buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth, you would get rich. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

If you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig. ;D

mesquite buckeye

An old German saying, translated by my grandfather.

When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with the experience gets the money and the man with the money gets the experience.
;D ;D ;D :o 8) 8) 8) 8) smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_biggrin01

Alexanderthelate

When ever my father got praised for anything, he would always say "Yep, no flies on me, that's for sure" or "The grass don't grow under my feet"

And then there's "The only thing wrong with that machine is the operator!"

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just heard this on an old episode of "Maverick".

he said.....A man is the only animal you can skin more than once.
In reference to beating another player twice at a big poker game.

WDH

I heard a new one for me yesterday.

"As fine as a frog hair split three ways". 

I don't care who you are, that is fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

danny
do you split frog hairs on your woodmizer? or does jake split them with his chainsaw? :D :D ;D
you should be recieving a gift from me in the next couple of days.
note to self...(you) you might want to be careful where you open the gift , so it dosent fall on your shed it may not withstand the bounty of this gift ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

If I need a frog hair split, I always call Jake. 

I bet that Julio could make an awesome frog hair soup.

Poston could sell a $300 oak slab to a Frog Haired Dude. 

I might be back in the Shed-Design-Business soon after I receive your "gift"  :).  I might need a Snow-Load-Consultant. 

redprospector

An old horse trader once told me; Son, just remember, you can shear a sheep every year but you can only skin him once.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Autocar

A January fog will freeze a Febuary dog , pretty well sums it up !
Bill

martyinmi

One my 11 year old son just told me:

Whats the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

You can roast beef, but you can't pee soup!

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

47sawdust

We have all heard or used the expression"the rule of thumb for such and such is",well tonight my wife enlightened me as to where that one came from.
Seems that back in time it was illegal for a man to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.She looked at my hands and said "I should have married a smaller man' She comes up with some dillies.

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome Wovennut. Where you from? Got a sawmill? Hammer? Another Old Saying?  :D :D :D
Glad to have you here!

Thank You Sponsors!