iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pretzel Board Championship

Started by mesquite buckeye, April 19, 2013, 12:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

I have mentioned the hackberry cobra board before on the forum. It met with an unfortunate demise before I could document it.

I saw this soft pine board at the ranch, and it reminded me.

I nominate this board to be the sickest, twistedest, most ugliest board I have seen so far (except for the cobra). I challenge all comers to defeat this board with an even sicker individual.

Let the games begin.

smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_wavy smiley_bounce electricuted-smiley materhead arteest-smiley arg-smiley franken-smiley smiley_biggrin01

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ianab

Somewhere in the world right now there is a guy building a canoe, and he wishes he had that exact board...   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mesquite buckeye

Good call. Maybe some of the hickory, hackberry, elm haters have a bendy board. Eucs crinkle pretty good too if you get the right one.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Hackberry (sorry, Jake)  :D :D.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

justallan1

The last ranch that I worked for would get units of cottonwood, green and stickered, that looked about like that within about 2 weeks of being nailed up. I would have swore that they were still growing.
Allan

mesquite buckeye

Good call. We did some Fremont cottonwood out here that went crazy. Also had maggots that jumped about 3 feet in the air when we knocked off the bark. Also stinky like barnyard.

So let's see some of those funky boards. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Nicely bowed, WDH, but not sick and twisted enough. I do not concede to this hack.....berry. ;D ;D ;D ;D

WDH

I agree.  You are still in the lead  ;D.  But, don't give up on me yet.  I still have some persimmon and pecan to go through  :D.  If that does not work, I still have a little sycamore up my sleeve  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

I will yield the title when I see it. This is a never ending championship. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

mesquite buckeye

Here stands the second champion in a long line. Your greatness will be difficult to defeat. ;D

smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce

smiley_swinging_board

mesquite buckeye

What is it??? ??? ??? ???

Inquiring minds want to know. :P 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) dadgum you, Charlie! logrite_cool

Axe Handle Hound

I certainly can't beat Fla._Deadheader, but this seems like it could be a contender on some level.  At a minimum I think it should get extra points for sinuosity.   :D

This is what you get when the stickers in your lumber pile don't line up with each other.  I'd just like to say for the record that I had nothing to do with the drying of this board or the 10 others I have that look just like it.     :)

mesquite buckeye

Definitely 1st runner up quality. ;D

I know a guy with crooked boards too.    materhead smiley_biggrin01

Fla._Deadheader

Guyanasa. A softwood used as concrete form lumber. Most times they dry flat and straight.  ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Anybody out there with any really ugly crooked boards, feel free to contribute your photos. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

WDH

I don't want to scare the children. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

I am not afraid. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

I, however, cannot speak for the other children. smiley_biggrin01

mesquite buckeye

Well, time to wake up this thread. Found this eastern redcedar board in my stack. Actually, pretty much the whole log looks like this, this one was just the best (worst) one. ;D

I thought ERC was supposed to behave itself. This one acts like a crooked pecan. smiley_devil

Maybe I'll make an art piece and claim I made it that way on purpose. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

beenthere

Maybe that board just followed the stickers  ::)

;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: beenthere on May 15, 2014, 08:30:57 PM
Maybe that board just followed the stickers  ::)

;D

Good one. ;D ;D ;D

Nope. Stickers were good. The boards just lifted them up as they dried. Also, the various boards were offset in the pile and all have the same curves in the same places. I've never seen ERC do this before.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 15, 2014, 08:41:32 PM
$300.00

Sure, why not? FOB Redington, AZ. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

That was an offer to purchase, no? ;D ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!