iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Share your Spring Activities

Started by Magicman, March 18, 2016, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

She is buzzing here with Spring activities, and has sorta been having me buzzing. 

Cleaning, raking, planting, and today putting new patio furniture together.  Her stuff.

I am careful to remember the words on this sign.   :)   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

We moved our blueberry bushes and elderberry bushes close to home and today I brought home bee supplies! Henry got a container of nightcrawlers for his worm ranch. We even found mushrooms. We thought it was spring but now it is snowing.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

thecfarm

Got Any daffodils up yet?
At the store people are coming in buying rakes. Way too early for that in this area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Our Daffodils have bloomed out, but the Redbuds are mostly in full bloom.  Pear and Crabapple trees are fully white with blooms.  Yellow Jasmines all along the highway.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Some of my daffodils are done, some haven't bloomed yet. The red buds just got going this week and my camellia is just about finished. The grass needs to be mowed in places, but  working every day has put mowing on the back burner for a little while.  And as much as I hate bradford pears, they do look pretty in other people's yards right now.

chevytaHOE5674

Plowed snow yesterday.  :D.. Does that count as a spring activity?

Brucer

The snow on the road over to my son-in-laws beehives is still 30" deep. However, the sun's been coming out and the bees are already out foraging in the middle of the day. I haven't a clue what they're harvesting.

In the wooded areas the snow is only about 15" deep and there's quite a bit of bare ground showing around the base of the trees. The tips of the huckleberry bushes are just starting to show above the snow.

I'm getting ready to drop a couple of Cedars that are too close to the house. They're going to fall directly into the huckleberry patch so I want to get them down while there's still decent snow cover on the berry bushes.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Skip

Daffodils are up and so are the ramps (early), snow tonite, 60's next week typical spring weather

sandhills

Calving, 70F one day, snowing this morning, yep, it's spring time.

Ron Scott

May go out to the Spring Carnival events at the Caberfae Peaks Ski Area in a little while. Tomorrow is the last day that it will still be open for skiing. I was able to hit the slopes for 43 times this season, so had a good ski season. 
~Ron

Roxie

Toting many people to area mud sales.  Also spent three evenings driving five Amish men (school board members) to inquire with parents and then the young girls for teacher replacement beginning next school season in late August.  Needed two new teachers, and stopped at 24 homes before they found two. 

On the home front. raked leaves from corners and flower beds, pruned grape vines, made a nice burn pile, washed windows and laundered curtains. 

Snow tomorrow, but I don't care, it's also the first day of Spring.   laundry-smiley
Say when

millwright

Making maple syrup, just had 5 " of rain and after that 4" of snow.

r.man

Two questions for Roxie, what is a mud sale and are Amish considered to be home schooled?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

21incher

Saw some bluebirds yesterday, so I cleaned out the bluebird boxes today. Watched the 2 bluebirds checking out the 4 boxes for about a hour and they finally picked a home for the spring and started building a nest. To early to do any outdoors gardening here yet. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

jmouton

my spring activities include me working around the  new house and my girlfriend  making my list longer ,   you are right magicman  they are always right,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Brucer

OK, got one spring job done. My son-in-law can get to his hives without snowshoes now.

While I was digging out the road, I also opened up some access to my edger (which is parked here for the winter). The hives are somewhere behind the distant snow piles.

A bees-eye view of the road ...

Up to 7°C this afternoon (45°F). Spring is here for sure ;D.

timberlinetree

I started cleaning out the garage and found my chain saw collection.

I have around 20-30 of them.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Roxie

Quote from: r.man on March 19, 2016, 07:58:29 PM
Two questions for Roxie, what is a mud sale and are Amish considered to be home schooled?

Mud sales are spring consignment auctions, hosted by area volunteer fire companies as fund raisers.  Heavily attended by Amish and English alike, because they are held before field work on the farms begin.  Hence the mud.

Although the Amish pay school tax on their land and buildings, they do not use public schools, and have their own one room school houses, each with about 30 scholars.  Teachers are recruited from the young unmarried girls.  Minimum age 17.  They generally teach until they decide to marry.  Children attend school to 8th grade, or 15 years of age, whichever comes first. 

Say when

Roxie

Speaking of spring activities, I thought our members might enjoy these photos from the Philadelphia Flower Show this year.  The theme was National Parks, and lumber and trees were well represented. 

One of these hollowed out cookies would look awesome next to some water feature.  The archway was a tribute to the redwood forest. 

Say when

Den Socling

I'm draining all of last year's gasoline out of mowers, chippers, saws, trimmers, etc!  >:(

Ken

Put the plow on my truck this afternoon in anticipation of a significant storm tomorrow.  Can't complain though as I've only had to use it a few times.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on March 20, 2016, 11:02:31 AM
I'm draining all of last year's gasoline out of mowers, chippers, saws, trimmers, etc!  >:(

This is a good idea Den.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Brucer

Second chore on my list (now that spring is officially here).

The Tree. It's the nearest one, and no, the camera isn't tilted.

The Huckleberry Patch. Pretend the snow isn't there.

Tree Meets Berry Patch.

Logs.  ;D ;D

No humans, animals, or huckleberrys were damaged in the process. The tree had to go -- it had serious butt rot. I'll saw it parallel to the bark and get some decent lumber from it.

Magicman

X marks the spot Bruce.  OK then the flagging marks the spot.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!