iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what to look for in a used tractor

Started by brdmkr, October 10, 2005, 08:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Mike, don't worry about it if that tractor don't have 4 wheel drive.  You ain't gonna need it.  It is real important for them folks thats tryin' ta use a 25 or 30 horse lawn mower for a tractor.  That 4600 will do everything you need with 2wd.  It will have enough pull to tear up a loader without the 4wd.  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

I'm not worried about 2wd.  I bought the 4600.  It is in really good shape, and I had it checked out by a farmer friend of mine.  I also got the word that the fellow that owned the tractor has a good reputation and would not risk that by misrepresenting a tractor.   Now, I got to get the goodies to go with it.  A bush hog comes first.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

AllllRighty!  Good stroke, Mike.  Tractors is the only thing thats more fun than sawmills! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

wiam

Mike good for you.  Where are the pics? ???

Will

brdmkr

Pics will be coming ASAP.  I have been a bit (much) too busy lately.  I've been on the road 2 of the past 3 weeks and am just now getting caught up.  I would say that I am planning on sawing Saturday, but I'm scared a guy named Murphy would hear about it and start trying to enforce his law.  Regardless, November is looking GOOD and I may be able to make the Ag Expo in Moultrie, if Murphy doesn't hear about it.  Talk about rambling :o :o.  That was a heap to tell you I'd post pictures when I get a chance.  Man, I got to slowwww downnnnn!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

hydeoutman

If you are a good mechanic I would think a used tractor would be fine, however, you can not beat the Kubota L4330 that I have. this Diesel is fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone. Actually the cost of new is not much different than purchasing an automobile. Our cost was around 33,000 and I would not trade it for anything. But if your budget is tight then I would look at a used one, If you can find one. That should tell you something. SwampDonkey has the correct advice.

DanG

Dagnabbit!  I passed within a mile of Brdmkrs house this morning.  I shoulda snuck up there and took a pitcher of it. ;D :D :D

tnlogger

yeh Dang but I bet you had a load a logs gebing ya  ;D
gene

brdmkr

Would have been sitting in the back yard.  Looks kind of goofy setting on a half acre lot in the middle of a neighborhood.  I need to get me a bush hog and clear out a more fitting site.  Maybe build me another pole shed for it.

DanG, I figure you went to Moultrie??

It is not looking like I will make it.  If I do, it will be on Thursday.

DanG

No logs today, Gene, so I took the mini-van.  Gotta take more logs tomorrow, though.  Them boys is whacking them up fast!

Mike, I know where your back yard is. ;D  Ya better post a pic soon, if'n ya wanta be first. :D :D  Hope ya can make it Thursday.  It's a major hoot! 8)

Thank You Sponsors!