iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for Ron Wenrich...

Started by asy, October 12, 2005, 06:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Hiya Ron,

I was just reading your Aunt's Potato Salad recipe... 

At the end you said:

QuoteFor her 90th birthday, she wanted a money tree to help fund a trip to Alaska. She took it when she was 91. I sure hope I have that kind of gumption when I reach her age.

Where do you get money trees? Coz I sure could use one...

Also, Say HI! to your Aunt for me, and tell her I think she's cool. ALso thanks for sharing the recipe.

asy :D :D :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

Walnut, Asy, Walnut!  Plant a Walnut and it will be worth $50,000 in about 2 years. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Or maybe Paulownia.  I hear they mature in about 6 weeks to 36" DBH and the Chinese will give thousands for them.  :D

Texas Ranger

DanG and Tom.  Y'all sure your not from Texas?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Nawp!  Ain't from Texas.  Ain't enough BULL there to suit me. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Wenrich

In these parts, the money tree is just a small branch that someone painted white and stuck in a flower pot.  They usually tie clips on it so you can attach money to it.  Saves a lot on cards.

Aunt Kathryn died last October.  She was 94 and was living in a nursing home due to her heart condition.  One night after supper, she told her aide she was thirsty and was tired.  The aide said she would get her a drink of water.  Aunt Kathryn went back, laid down in her bed, and died.  No pain, just a pleasant passing.

There was no viewing, as she was cremated.  The memorial service was held at the church.  It was sort of a homecoming for me.  It was the church my grand father built, where I went as a teen ager, where my wife and  I were married, where many other family weddings and funerals were held.  I saw people I haven't seen for nearly 30 years.  I even met one of Aunt Kathryn's first students in school.  She was in her 70s. 

Aunt Kathryn had tons of recipes.  Most were written on a piece of scrap paper without a title, so my cousin has to go through evrything to try to make some sort of recipe book.  Eatin' that potato salad is as close as anyone will get to meeting her.  She's probably cooking in the Pearly Kitchen with her mother, right now.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

asy

Oh, So sorry to hear about her passing, Ron..

But...  If ya gotta go,  that's the way to do it! At 94, still with the spirit of adventure, quietly in your sleep.
Your Aunt sure was a lucky woman.

Thanks again.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!