iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nascar pitstop Vs. Farmer pitstop

Started by ElectricAl, October 15, 2005, 10:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

Just sitting here watching the Nascar race and thought I'd share a couple of Farmer Pitstop photos ;D

The man that farms my parents ground broke a Sivvers unit.  He is 12 miles from his welder. So he called us to see if there was enough room to get up to the shop ::)

It was tight, around the mulch pile, squeezed past the logs, and over top of the firewood.

This is a very large International Harvester. The bean head is over 30' wide.

Our shop is 80' long and has 16' side walls.

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

sawguy21

I have met a few of those on two lane highways. Gets entertaining at the crest of a hill. Whaddya mean, a pilot car ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Frank_Pender

Al, it looks as though, ;D you need to build a  bigger shop. :D
Frank Pender

Norm

Kind of makes your shop look small when you wheel one of them up to it Al.

I used the lady bugs are too thick outside to watch the ISU game yesterday. ;D

dewwood

Al,

What did you think of "all" of the pit stops in the race last night?  I thought it pretty much ruined the race.  There were a lot of good cars knocked out and the eventual outcome of the season may have been altered by a track that apparantly is not adequate for holding one of Nascar's races.  What do you think they can do to improve the situation?  I don't have any answers but was not impressed with the race as it was run last night.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

leweee

Don't worry if it gets bad enough Nascar will change the rules.Do you think "Badyear"needs some competition to make better tires ::)

Al....speaking of race cars...how did you make out with Linda's parkinson Honda ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Teri

I heard last night that, they are going to repave the track before they race on it again next year. Also found out, supposedly NBC is not going to be broadcasting after next year.

ElectricAl

Dewwood,

Teri's right, track management had said they will repave the track. However a fresh paved track can be quite slippery. It takes a couple years to get 2 to 3 good racing grooves.

The track conditions were pretty bad.  Kinda sad for a driver and owner to put on a set of new tires, slice and dice your way to the front to lead, just to have your right front blow in 15 laps >:(  Not what his sponcers wanted either :-\

Teri, I had not heard that NBC is droping racing :o  That's bad news for Al, because we only have free TV.  Maybe FOX will pick it up ::)

Leweee, 

Linda's Parkinson Honda is still shakin'.   Really can't figure it out. I bought new swaybar links and bushings, but have not installed them yet.  Might try a new set of rotors next :-\
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Teri

I do believe that ESPN might be getting it back. I'll have to go and look.

Teri

OK... heres the scoop.....

NBC is not going to carry the races after 2006.

ABC and ESPN are getting together and are in "talks" for getting the contracts to carry the races for 1/2 the season. Nothing definate yet...

ElectricAl

Teri,

Thanks for the update ;)

I guess 1/2 the season on ABC is better than nothing on ABC ::)

Teri

You're welcome.  Just have to remember different channels after next year.

sawguy21

Quote from: Norm_F. on October 16, 2005, 08:41:22 AM
Kind of makes your shop look small when you wheel one of them up to it Al.

I saw a similar sized JD (without the header) on a trailer behind a Kenworth tandem grain truck today. The rig was parked beside the highway and the way the truck set down, it looked a tad overloaded. Maybe that was where the county mountie pulled him over ;D

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

old3dogg

ESPN is gonna start covering the races again?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Now make my day and tell me no more DW!

Teri

old3dogg

Was a good racer. Shouldnt be on tv. Okay. He can be on tv just shouldnt be able to talk on tv. ;D

Boogity boogity boogity? How OLD is that one getting?

Teri

old3dogg

Ever turn the tv down and listen to the race on the radio? Thats funny.

I hope ESPN covers some NASCAR races next year. They do it better than anyone else. A lot better coverage and a lot less "fluff".

Fla._Deadheader

With ESPN, yer never sure what race ole Bob Jenkins is reporting on. He sees stuff no one else does, and vice-versa  ::) ::)  DW tells it like it is  8) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Teri

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Teri

old3dogg

Okay! Im getting beat up here! This aint fair!

WE ALL LOVE DW!!! 8)

Well. Just for the record. I miss Ned Jarrett in the booth. I think that old DW tells us what NASCAR tells him to tell us. Dont you think! Moneys money when ya cant race anymore.

Im gonna go hide behind Jeff now.

Teri

Fla._Deadheader

Ned Jarrett was good.  Best ever was Neil Bonnett.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!