iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a new place and moving ...

Started by isawlogs, November 19, 2005, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry-m

Yeah I like it too, beautiful place Marcel 8)

Would like to visit in the summer, but probably too cold for me in the winter...

Jerry
Jerry

isawlogs

The plan is for a two year construction span ... I will be happy to have the tin on by next fall and the windows in . Then take a few couple of weeks and go hunting , then attack the interior . We will be staying in the other house while this one is beeing put together .

crtreedude ... I dont plan on working that horse to much .. if I do I will have to go and get me some new cloth for myself .. and at the moment  I am quit found of my roundness  ;D
Norm ..  At the moment I dont really have any plans for the rest . It is beeing managed by one of the local farmers and he seams to be dooing a good job of it .. I am not saying that I would not like to do it myself , just wont have time for a few years to come .
  We will have some chickens to run around and get in the way of things .. there is already a small lake for trout , wildlife is plentyful .

This place will be open house to any of you that would like to drop by .. no need to call as there will always be room for ya in the hay barn ...  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ARKANSAWYER

I really like that barn.   I would just live in it.   I would come visit but it is most likly to cold for me even in the surmmer.   :o
ARKANSAWYER

isawlogs

Arky
  You come on up .. I,ll put in a heater for ya .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ernie

Felicitations Marcel

What a spectacular looking place.  Looks like the sort of spot you could happily settle down in for a real long time.

Look forward to more pics,
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

isawlogs

Ernie ...
   Retirement comes to mind  ;)

Marcel

Ed_K

Way to go Marcel, going to do some sugaring?
Ed K

Robert R

That is a nice looking place and really nice looking horses.  Shoot, sell that skidder--you got all you need already and maybe another on the way (?).  Your QH will cross real nice on that mare for a great woods horse--bigger isn't necessarily better in tight quarters in the timber as long you have good heart.  I've often pondered crossing my mares with a foundation QH stud for a second team but unfortunately, you can buy good horses cheaper than build them in these parts.  Wish you were closer--I'd come skid with you for a crack at that trout pond.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Bro. Noble

If I didn't have to milk these DanG cows,  you'd see me coming down the road. :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paul_H

He's got barns Noble,bring everybody along.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

isawlogs

Quote from: Ed_K on November 20, 2005, 09:50:02 PM
Way to go Marcel, going to do some sugaring?

Yep  ;D Got some real nice maple to tap . Next time there i will take some pics of them ..  Going to set up a line or two to bring the sap down .
Robert .
I aint going to sell her , I just could not part with her . She still has a lot of life left in her and my dad would not be to happy with that decision , he sortof likes having it around on the farm here .
Bring um along Noble ... Paul will come around and milk them while we go for a fish or two then have a cold one in the pool .  ;D

Marcel

Tom_Averwater

Nice looking place Marcel ! Lots of luck getting the cabin built .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

crtreedude

Marcel,

Opening up an inventation to this group is cause for concern. Look what happened to me... I invited FDH down and now he is moving here!  :D

That does look like a wonderful place.

Fred
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Engineer

Marcel that's a really nice farm.  I have probably seen it from the air - the last time I was up in the Newport/Derby VT area was in a Cessna twin and the view is spectacular.    I used to go up there a lot and roam around in Sherbrooke and Magog.   Only a mile from the border, you're on the east or west side of the Memphremagog?  Anyway, it's nice countryside up there, I wish my area still had large farms available to buy for a decent cost.  Right now one of my neighbors wants to sell 60 acres of stunted trees and rocks for a half-million dollars.  No pasture, no timber, and no buildings.  Oh well.   :(

OneWithWood

Congratualtions, Marcel.  That sure looks like a nice place to let your hair grow  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Modat22

Wow thats a really nice place you have there, would you mind if I built an underground house under that barn?
remember man that thy are dust.

Patty

Sorry I am so late to the forum, Marcel....your new place is really beautiful! Is it far from where you live now? I love your barn, is the smaller one in that good of condition also?
That is sure a pretty part of the country....beautiful view!

Congratulations!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ernie

Quote from: Bro. Noble on November 20, 2005, 10:12:31 PM
If I didn't have to milk these DanG cows,  you'd see me coming down the road. :)

bro  I was reading about the latest in milking.  You have an automatic setup in your barn, each cow has an electronic tag which triggers the appropriate amount of supplements when the cow enters the milking station.  The cups are placed and removed automatically, the milk is weighed and entered into the database from which the supplement allowance is calculated.  The cows are free to enter whenever they feel the need to be milked.  Some go for three times a day and others only once.  the number of milking stations depends on the number of cows, I'll see if I can dredge up the article, it was in some mag that I get from Europe.

Just shell out the bucks and you are freed from milking for ever. ;D ;D  It doesn't say anything about shed cleaning :( :( :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Bro. Noble

Well,  Ernie,

The Dutch have been playing with that for a few years--------I can get the information :)

Now,  those dollars,  that's a different story ::)  You send me some and I'll retire and go visit Marcel 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pappy

nice  Marcel real nice!!!!  8) 8)   you be getting closer to peace + solitude all the time!!! THE N.E. ROCKS

P.S. nice bullwinklette by the way    ;)   smiley_thumbsup
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

isawlogs

Quote from: Engineer on November 21, 2005, 07:39:35 AM
Marcel that's a really nice farm. I have probably seen it from the air - the last time I was up in the Newport/Derby VT area was in a Cessna twin and the view is spectacular. I used to go up there a lot and roam around in Sherbrooke and Magog. Only a mile from the border, you're on the east or west side of the Memphremagog? Anyway, it's nice countryside up there, I wish my area still had large farms available to buy for a decent cost. Right now one of my neighbors wants to sell 60 acres of stunted trees and rocks for a half-million dollars. No pasture, no timber, and no buildings. Oh well. :(

Its on the west side of the Memphrémagog and my north border would be the Missisquoi river .  .. If you been up there , you must of seen the big cannon  that Dr Bull was testing  out up in the hills ... well that would be south east of me .   

Jeff ...
It truly is a nice place .

Pappy  that would be the south east to me  ;D

Modat ... the ssilo could be up for rent ... you could have a view to boot .. ;)

Patty ... Dont be sorry , no need to ... just come up and visite , I gots plenty of spare hammers . This place is 4 1/2 hours east of where I live now .
  The smaller barn needs TLC  ;D   I dont know how old it is , I do know that it was built in three different steps or times ... each one with a different level on the floor , but the roof is nice and level and in good condition , the plan for this building is to renovate it from the ground up . Pour a new level floor and have 10 foot walls then put the roof back on . Should make a nice shop garage .  ;D ;)

Quote from: OneWithWood on November 21, 2005, 08:46:12 AM
Congratualtions, Marcel. That sure looks like a nice place to let your hair grow :)
The beard too ..  ;D

Marcel

isawlogs

The house will be going to the left of the small barn in the opening between trees ... they will be removed to make a bigger opening

This pic was taken facing north . the larger barn is to the left of where I was standing to take this pic ture . the main house is to the right .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

That is a beautiful place Marcel , me and Norm can shoot that I mean take that silo down for ya if ya ever get to not liking it but I think I would make a gazeebo office on top of it . I have to take a picture and put here of what the neighbor did with his silo , its a deep swimming pool with a outside winding stairs. Love your place marcel ! Alot !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

old3dogg

Looks like a really nice place you lucky dogg! 8)

Lud

Very nice looking place,  sir.       8)

You know you might get a shredder for your slabwood, grind it and blow it up in that silo and have your own bedding material for the horses!  ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!