iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iowa NASCAR fans

Started by ElectricAl, June 09, 2006, 08:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

The great state of Iowa is getting a 7/8 mile NASCAR track.

It is being build just East of Des Moines.

Rusty Wallace co-owns part of the track.

Paving started this week in near 100 degree temps :o

Racing starts in Sept.

I like to keep an eye on the construction on their Cam......
www.iowaspeedway.com/webcam_popup.asp

It's not as funny as the FF Pig Roast cam, but it will do ;D
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Burlkraft

I hope it's better than that piece of crap they built in Chicago. It's so close, but I won't go there again. I still like Bristol ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Quartlow

I looked and I didn't see a soul working  ::) it was just dark.

Bristol is great!! But man I love the monster miles. I guess I like Atlanta the most of those since I only lived an hour away and our company got free pass's all the time since we rented them light towers, gensets and other stuff
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Teri

Do y'all actually think this new track will make it on the nascar schedule? I sure hope so. They need more smaller tracks. Makes for better racing I think. ;D

My favorite track is Bristol. But I hear theres a least a 2 year waiting list just to get tickets unless you know somebody important. :(

And get rid of the restrictor plates and get down to some real racing like they used to.

Patty

Al, is that the one they are building down in Newton? I have been hearing about it on the radio.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Engineer

Whut the heck is NASCAR?

ElectricAl

Teri,

I would think Rusty is pretty sure about being on the schedual.
The track needs to age and get some rubber down first though.

Iowa currently has only one asphalt track in operation, and that is in Cedar Rapids.
When that track went from dirt to asphalt there was a lot of "Dirt Tracking" still. Lots of blistered right rear tires ;D   Quite a few local drivers tried to race asphalt Friday night and dirt Saturday night with the same car. What a pain switching set ups. Now no one switches.

Patty,

Newton is the place.  It's right next to the airport along I-80

Check out the aerial photos at the bottom of the page www.iowaspeedway.com/photogallery/photogallery.asp
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Don_Papenburg

Engineer , NASCAR , National Assn. of  Stock Car Auto Raceing.
One of the sports that supports itself  they do not use taxpayer dollars to build their playpens . Like  major league baseball  or the NFL .  It is a real sport like pro golf  tennis  bowling  etc .   The contestants are not paid unless they win or place ,  like a true sport .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Engineer

I'm just messin' with ya.  I know what it is, I just think it's akin to watching paint dry.    Now if somebody were to make an hour-long DVD of spectacular crashes, fires and assorted wrecks, I'd watch that.  You can keep the actual races.

Ron Scott

Jeff gordon had a "good one "  yesterday. No brakes at 200 mph.  ::)
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!