iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Automotive Batteries, Engineered to Fail Just Passed the Warranty date!

Started by Chris Burchfield, October 08, 2010, 05:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

doctorb

Jeff- My time on the FF is shorter than most on this thread sending their sympathies.  There's nothing worse than transportation problems.  We take our ability to come and go for granted until something goes awry.  Bob Dylan (yes, for some of you, Bob Dylan) has a great but lesser known song entitled "Everything Is Broken".  It might help your current predicament.

"Everytime you turn around, somethin else has hit the ground....."

Finally, as moderator of the General Board threads, you must never, ever allow such a topic to appear again, and if you do, you must never, ever be a participant in the discussion.  Period.   Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Yea, but I enjoy staring adversity in the face and then having it kick my ass.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Reddog

Coon

But Jeff, the real question is was it with a frozen mukluk or a steal-toed boot that kicked your ass?   :D  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Got my truck back already this morning. Bill came to $900 that includes taking it back in 1000 miles after break in to have the tranny oil dumped and replaced along with a new filter.  I can't complain at all about it as I know how much work it takes just to get that transmission out let along fix it.

Here is the main culprit. You can see where the splines sheared off. Not much that holds it together. Brad did not put OEM parts back in, but aftermarket parts including the new beefed up Reaction Sun Shell called "The Beast"

paul case

thats great jeff, nothing like having your own wheels back and it sounds like he did you right and at a reasonable price. if you add up the miles  and divide them by purchase price  and expenses i bet you have gotten your moneys worth out of that pickup and it still has some life in it or you wouldnt want to fix it right. it must be a goodun.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Ron Scott

~Ron

Jeff

Its been a great Truck. The original Forestry Forum truck. Thats one of the reasons I can't let it go. Snapped a photo this afternoon before it took me to get a hair cut.  It still loos pretty good.  :)

SwampDonkey

Yeah the body is still  decent on it to. It would be rusted out up here for that many miles and winters. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bro. Noble

I remember that truck,  I spent one of my most enjoyable days in it.  Went over suicide hill,  went under Ozark Co's trafic light,  visited Arky , and rode a ferry aver the lake :D  I'll bet I'm not the only member that has fond memories iinvolving that truck :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Bro. Noble

Well,  I think I must rember it better than you do >:(  I was going to mention that ,  but decided not to embarres you :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

paul case

that is one nice looking logo on that nice looking ,now driving under its owners power again, pickup. glad you are back on the road jeff.

pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Captain

Jeff

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

celliott

Jeff, they do salt the roads up your way, dont they? How have you kept your truck from rotting away? Here in VT they salt the roads pretty heavily and alot of vehicles end up scrapped with rust issues before they have a chance to reach that high of mileage.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Roxie

Chris, maybe it's a 2007 thing.  Last week, our Chevy Silverado's battery died and it was just one month over warranty.  When I saw your post, I began to think conspiracy.  As for how often it's driven...every single day since we've had it. 

Jeff, I'm really glad you got that good looking truck back on the road again! 

Say when

Jeff

I took a picture of the good side. :D   The other side dont look real bad, but it does have some rust under the door and the cab corner and above the back wheel.

ncguy444

I have a 2000 ford F150 with the original battery, exhaust and clutch and I am in Ohio. The truck is starting to rust bad and I have replaced just about everything else on it at least once and some things three times. Had a lot of problems with this truck and can't believe the two things you used to commonly replace years ago are still original.

Jeff

Mooseherder

paul case

oh just dont go anywhere too far and you will be just fine nc guy444. it only will quit you when you are far enough away from home to be a real pita.   pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!