iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drums and rifles

Started by Raider Bill, December 09, 2010, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

WOW!! If you like this stuff watch that guy spin 9lbs of M-1 Garand till it about disappears.

http://sorisomail.com/email/16993/exibicao-de-banda-militar--um-espectaculo-imperdivel.html

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tom

Yep, I like that stuff,   I really like that stuff.

Sure would like to know who that are. I can't read those words.

They must not be enemy if they were awarded the carekeeping of an M-1 Garand :D

Raider Bill

Tom,
I believe they are the Kings Guards of Norway.

fishpharmer

Norwegian Royal Guard is the google translation.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

Oh, sorry Bill, guess that's the same thing. My daughter and I sure enjoyed watching it.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Raider Bill

Heck I was just guessing........ :D :D I love that stuff.

Mooseherder

What are they Guarding?
The Salmon Fishery. ;D

Magicman

Thank you Bill.  Yes I enjoyed it very much.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Skip

Having been in the corps back in the day i can appreciate how hard that is , and the do a d*** fine job.

Apple farmer

Yes, you are right. It is the Norwegian Royal Guard. You can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Majestet_Kongens_Garde
What's really amazing is that they are not professional soldiers training/serving many years, but young men/women serving only one year. I was serving as a computer programmer in the Norwegian Air Force in the High Command in a building adjacent to their camp 22 years ago, so I used to see a lot of them. We also used their indoor rifle range shooting pistol once a week. We used some old but very nice S&W M14 revolvers, known as K38 Masterpiece and the famous SIG P210 9mm semi-auto. Those were the days...
Logosol LM Pro MX34 w/E-Twin, PH360, Husky 346XPG, Sthil 026, Sthil 180E, Valtra 6850 w/ÅLØ FEL, Igland 4001, Ford 6600, Volvo "Buster", V70, Pajero

Burlkraft

That was awesome!

Thanks Bill     ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dnalley

Man I really enjoyed that!!  Brings back memories of watching my son's unit at graduation from basic at Orlando back in '92.  He was a member of the rifle drill team and I have to say they were sharp as a tack!  Made my heart swell with pride and watching this it still does.  But sharp as they were, they had that "Navy swagger", something I can't put into words, but it was something to make me proud to be an American......still does!  God bless our troops.

Raider Bill

Quote from: dnalley on December 10, 2010, 12:18:57 PM
Man I really enjoyed that!!  Brings back memories of watching my son's unit at graduation from basic at Orlando back in '92.  He was a member of the rifle drill team and I have to say they were sharp as a tack!  Made my heart swell with pride and watching this it still does.  But sharp as they were, they had that "Navy swagger", something I can't put into words, but it was something to make me proud to be an American......still does!  God bless our troops.

There's a few of us here that know about the Navy Swagger believe me!

Ron Scott

Great show, very enjoyable.
~Ron

woodsteach

Thanks for posting that, it was great!
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Thank You Sponsors!