iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you use for material handling ?

Started by Florida boy, January 29, 2019, 10:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

I would be alot happier putting it on my mill than in the back of my truck. even if I had a 1 ton. The mill was built for 6000+ pounds. of course the single 7000 pound axle is the limiting factor anyhow :)

Brucer

Cat 910 articulated loader with forks.

Given a choice, I'd got with a CAT IT-12 integrated tool carrier. It's the same machine as the 910 but has quick-change attachments and parallel loader geometry.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

A telehandler is about the most versatile machine around the mill.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

E-Tex

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

WV Sawmiller

I think the Admins should move this to the Restricted thread so us underprivileged po' folks don't have to read, look and cry.

I have a JD 750 with a bush hog brand 1648 (I think that is right model number) FEL with a bucket and 20" forks that bolt on to the bucket. It is way undersized for any big log or load of lumber. When somebody gives me a winning lottery ticket I am going to upgrade. (How many times I have I seen the old adage "How do you make a million dollars with a sawmill? Answer: Start with 2 million.)

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

WV - that tractor sure holds a good whack of lumber.  I have a 66 HP row crop IH that would be about all full with that on the loader.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Andries

Moves the lumber.

Clears snow.

Picks up logs.from trailers with fenders
I'm happy with what I have, it meets all my needs.
Now, if I wanted to stack my lumber up to eight lifts high, I'd go with the Cat that Peter Drouin plays with!   :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Ljohnsaw

Sure are a lot of nice high lift forklifts out there!  I just have this 1986 vintage 9038:

9,000 lb lift and 38' reach.  Rebuilt 3 rams so far (another starting to leak) and replace 4 or 5 hoses.  Needs to have the head gasket replaced next.  Don't have chains so it don't like snow much.  I've done a ton of work with it building my cabin and hauling logs.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

charles mann

@E-Tex you didn't have that tractor when i stopped by did you? what hp is it and do you like the backhoe attachment? been contemplating getting a hoe for my kubota. maybe this winter depending how well i do on fire season this yr, and how well our profit sharing bonus is, which depends on the bristow group buy out. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Peter Drouin

Andries, A grapple is most useful.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Sixacresand

For the few logs per day I do, I depend on a riding lawn tractor and self built log arch.  I use this rig to move logs, slabs and pallets of lumber.  Most of the big jobs are at a customer's place who furnishes a tractor and labor.  I have a two axle trailer with parbuckling winch to pick up logs.  It is all kinda primitive but I get by.  So far I have resisted a new FEL tractor and a new monthly payment.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

E-Tex

Quote from: charles mann on February 06, 2019, 12:49:46 AM
@E-Tex you didn't have that tractor when i stopped by did you? what hp is it and do you like the backhoe attachment? been contemplating getting a hoe for my kubota. maybe this winter depending how well i do on fire season this yr, and how well our profit sharing bonus is, which depends on the bristow group buy out.
No sir, I've just had it a few months.  65hp.....Heavy Tractor with great lift capacity.  Works perfect for me.
I love the backhoe attachment.  Its no yellow machine but its a great tool for my property.
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Andries

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 06, 2019, 07:00:41 AM
Andries, A grapple is most useful. 
I agree completely. 
This canoe got in the way once too often . . . .  ;) 

Peter, you show photos of the Mr. Deere and Mr. Cat. 
Great looking equipment!
Do you use the grapple on the Cat very often?
Also, if memory serves, you do a lot of timber milling for the timber framing market. 
Doesn't the grapple punch dents into the timbers when using the grapple? 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!