iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

H Brace Question

Started by Ironhead80, June 23, 2016, 08:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhead80

I have been doing some fence around the boundary of our property for a while now. 4 strand barb wire, no animals its mainly just for looks and to establish the property line. We are about to start building on our house, and where we are bringing utilities through is right through where I am doing fence. I want to bring the fence up as close as I can get it to help keep people out while building. I have attached a picture. I was thinking I could run the wire from my corner set down by the road and make an H brace where the brush in the picture starts and just stop at the H brace for now. Then after we get things built I could come back later and finish the run up the side of my driveway. The H brace would be about the middle of the run from the top of the driveway to the road. Would I be able to end on the H brace in the middle?

gspren

If your H brace is built right to take a strain in either direction you should be OK. Since your not containing sheep/goats keep the bottom wire 18+ inches off the ground to facilitate trimming under it.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ironhead80

I had planed on running brace wire in an X to be able to take load from both directions. Just wanted to make sure it would be OK to run it that way. I did 16" off the ground on the first wire for the other fence i was building.

Magicman

For corners I personally prefer N braces because they transfer the top load on the corner post to the ground on the second post.  The "guy" wire then pulls the top of the second post to the ground on the corner post.  Very strong.  I like H braces for mid span, but I always pass the load to the second brace post so that the load of the fence is actually pushing from both ways on the H.  The fence loads are pressing the H together rather than pulling it apart.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!