iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brown trout !

Started by isawlogs, April 26, 2011, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Marcel,

I am going trout fishing in the North GA mountains weekend after next, and I will definitely brine some before cooking over the campfire.  I would love to get your brine recipe.  I normally brine pork like loin and ribs, but I have never brined fish.  Time to try it!

As to cherry, I just go down to the barn and get a cherry cutoff and use it as is.  I do not soak, and they produce plenty of smoke. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Fish brine ,

• 4 cups water
  • 2 cups soya sauce

• 2 cups apple juice
  • 1 cup brown sugar( I used maple sirop )

• 1/2 cup pickling salt ( alls I had was sea salt , I figured salt was salt )
  • 2 table spoons  whole peppers

• 1 table spoon each of  garlic powder, onion powder and fresh ground pepper

• It should cover the fish , if it don't either get smaller fish or make more brine  ;D
  • I made more brine  ;)
  • Mix it all up put da fish in , toss it in da fridge over night, rinse da fish in cold running water , let them drip dry for a few hours.
      I had mine in the smoker for two hours and they where done.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WildDog

Thanks for posting that brine recipe Marcel, it jogged my memory, when my Grandfather was alive he brined his saltwater surface feeding fish before smoking and they went down a treat. I will put it to good use this winter.

You did a good job on the translation, it can even be interpreted down-under.  :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

submarinesailor

Quote from: WildDog on April 28, 2011, 04:12:10 AM
You did a good job on the translation, it can even be interpreted down-under.  :)

I didn't know that Aussies could read upside-down...             
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Bruce

LOGDOG

Those trout look amazing. Thanks for posting the brine recipe. We'll give it a go too.

Raider Bill

Thanks! I am adding this to my recipes!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!