iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Picture error, what's this mean?

Started by Piston, December 13, 2011, 07:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I've uploaded and posted many pics without a problem, but every once in a while I get these error messages that I don't know what they mean.  Usually it's only one or two pics out of a bunch that I upload. 

I just tried uploading about 20 pics using the Java upload and I got the message again.  Then I tried for just one pic and got it again, I tried for multiple different pictures. 

I can shrink the pics using a separate photo resizer, which I did and it worked fine, however  I shrunk them more than I intended to and decreased the quality quite a bit. 

I'm just wondering if there is something I can change in the picture's properties or something?  The pics are taken with a 10mp camera which of course is pretty detailed.  However I've successfully uploaded many from the same camera from (I think ;D) on the same settings. 

Any insight? 

Here are some print screens of the message I'm getting. 

When I click upload, I get this message first.....

Then, I click okay, and I get this message....
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Piston

Okay well, cropping the print screen pic didn't really work as good as I was hoping  :D

As you can see, I'm no photo wiz to begin with  :D :D :D :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Norm

Piston I get the same error using the juploader. I switched to using the flash loader and like it even better.

Never could figure out what Java didn't like.

pineywoods

I think that is a java error message that says, hey, I can't shrink this pic down enough. Usually happens on pics with lots of fine detail.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Warbird

Try the Flash uploader Norm mentioned and see if that works any better for you?

beenthere

QuoteI can shrink the pics using a separate photo resizer, which I did and it worked fine, however  I shrunk them more than I intended to and decreased the quality quite a bit. 

When resizing, make sure to decrease the pixels in the sides first, not the file size first. Seems to maintain better quality.

When trying to download flash, couldn't with IE 7. But for whatever reason for whichever end is fixed, I am able to use juploader again.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

How large are the photos to begin with?  They keep making more and more powerful cameras, and the sizes are getting ridiculous.  It your are using a obscenely large megapixel camera, that could be the issue.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

D Hagens

I've been getting the same prob and I've never had the problem before the changes. I'm using the same camera, here I'll try a pic that's uploaded already and see what happens.

Nothing, just get this.

BBQ in a bag 005.JPG.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are skp,xlsx,txt,doc,pdf,xls,wks,html,htm,shtml,kmz,eml.

K now I'll try one from the gallery.

D Hagens

Yup, tried again, it's only when I try to upload a pic when I click the Att and other options that I get this.

An Error Has Occurred!
P1010023.JPG.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are skp,xlsx,txt,doc,pdf,xls,wks,html,htm,shtml,kmz,eml.

Piston

Okay I got it.   ;D

I re sized the pics down to lesser pixels (if that is the proper technical speak ;D) and uploaded them.  It's strange as sometimes I'll have 20 or so pics I'm uploading and they are all taken with the same camera and the same settings, but one or two of them may not upload and I'll get that message.  It must just be that those one or two have a bit more detail than the rest or something like that. 

Jeff I am using a 10mp camera and your right, it is a ridiculously lot of detail for posting on the forum.  Most of the time I don't remember to change the settings back to lesser detail.  It's only gonna get worse, I just bought my wife a new DSLR for christmas, with 18mp!  :D  I don't know what the difference is between 8mp and 18mp because I can't notice a difference, but hey that's what she wanted!  ;D

I have the pics in my gallery and I'm out of time for today, so I'll have to post them tomorrow.
-Matt

Piston

Hagens,
I don't think my issue has to do with the upgrade, I was getting it before that as well.  I think for me it's that I'm trying to make the java uploader reduce some really really large detail pics, down to small 500pixel sizes and it's just too much for it. 
-Matt

Jeff

Quote from: D Hagens on December 13, 2011, 11:54:07 AM

Yup, tried again, it's only when I try to upload a pic when I click the Att and other options that I get this.

An Error Has Occurred!
P1010023.JPG.

That's because you are NOT using the gallery, you are trying to use the document uploader. There is a big blue button that says add gallery image.

Jeff

Quote from: Piston on December 13, 2011, 11:57:01 AM
Hagens,
I don't think my issue has to do with the upgrade, I was getting it before that as well.  I think for me it's that I'm trying to make the java uploader reduce some really really large detail pics, down to small 500pixel sizes and it's just too much for it.

Right click on the image you are trying to upload and let me know the file size. The uploader has a top end limit set. It has nothing to do with dimension of the photo, but file size. 

D Hagens

I tried it with 6 pics, still not uploading. Is this too big? 101 kb

AvT

D hagens.... 101 kb is pretty tiny when it comes to pictures

Piston,  I suppose those high res cameras are nice if you want to print big posters or want to crop pictures a alot and still end up with a clear picture.  Your computer screen is likely between 1 and 2 megapixel so those super high rez cameras are overkill for pics for use strictly on computers.  But again for extreeme cropping it might come in handy even then I suppose.
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Warbird

Hagens, please confirm again that you are using the picture uploader and not the document attacher?

Jeff

He's using the document attacher and not the gallery, and he isn't reading anything that we post previously to help. I saw that with the up button. We fixed it, told him what was wrong, and instead of reading that, figured that it magically fixed itself while the forum was down last night. You can only get that error he is getting if you try uploading a picture with the document uploader which is only meant to be used for.... DOCUMENTS!

D Hagens, READ THE RESPONSES!! :D :D

D Hagens

Quote from: Jeff on December 13, 2011, 01:49:39 PM
He's using the document attacher and not the gallery, and he isn't reading anything that we post previously to help. I saw that with the up button. We fixed it, told him what was wrong, and instead of reading that, figured that it magically fixed itself while the forum was down last night. You can only get that error he is getting if you try uploading a picture with the document uploader which is only meant to be used for.... DOCUMENTS!

D Hagens, READ THE RESPONSES!! :D :D

Jeff, the up button didn't work with any of the advice here, I even went and googled it, nothing worked :D Every other web page including mine the buttons worked fine, only here they didn't ::) After you shut down and came back on did the up button work 8) Like why would the down button work but not the up, like I always thought there was a glitch :)
As for the pics, NO I'm not using the documents for uploading, I'm going straight to the uploader, it takes me to my library, in turn I click my pics, pick a pic, click upload and errors :o I've tried it with new pics and pics that are already loaded.

AvT

Ok D hagens I think jeff is quite upset right now so i will paste below what jeff posted last night at almost 2 AM in that other thread:

Reply #163 on: Today at 01:43:45 am »Furby deduced the problem.  D Hagens has the top part of his page toggled shut. That is the arrow you see up in the top right hand corner. When you click it, it hides the links and news at the top of the page. It essentially removes part of the page from view. It also removes the top anchor for the up button to go to.

I'm sure I can probably fix that.  Good Spot Furby!
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

D Hagens

Quote from: AvT on December 13, 2011, 02:42:53 PM
Ok D hagens I think jeff is quite upset right now so i will paste below what jeff posted last night at almost 2 AM in that other thread:

Reply #163 on: Today at 01:43:45 am »Furby deduced the problem.  D Hagens has the top part of his page toggled shut. That is the arrow you see up in the top right hand corner. When you click it, it hides the links and news at the top of the page. It essentially removes part of the page from view. It also removes the top anchor for the up button to go to.

I'm sure I can probably fix that.  Good Spot Furby!

Why would Jeff be upset ::) There's just a glitch here that seems to be hitting me only I guess :o
As for the arrow in the right hand corner are you talking about the shrink expand arrow? I've never touched it till just now, it doesn't change anything with the up down buttons on the page. The buttons started to to work after the shut down last night so all is good 8) 8)
Furby mailed me about the pic posting, I've mailed back in details what I'm doing and just waiting for a reply :)

Jeff

Jeff is not upset. :D  Jeff is B U S Y.  Now sumbuddy THUMP AvT

Jeff

QuoteAs for the arrow in the right hand corner are you talking about the shrink expand arrow? I've never touched it till just now, it doesn't change anything with the up down buttons on the page.

Well sure it doesn't now, we fixed it.  :)

An Error Has Occurred!
P1010023.JPG.
This indicates you did not use the gallery, you used the document uploader. The gallery button is a big blue bar under  the text that says attachments and other options. They are two different things. The error posted is absolutely unique to the document uploader. It gives that error because it is not set up to take photos.

SwampDonkey

Jeff, how is it that I'm bald and your not by now? :D :D

I feel Like I'm watching a 70's variety show with Tim Conway. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

AvT

Quote from: Jeff on December 13, 2011, 04:36:39 PM
Now sumbuddy THUMP AvT
not sure how to take that but for now I will take it as an insult

Jeff