iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am looking for a man for testing program for band saws to phone

Started by vadimo, June 29, 2010, 02:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadimo

I upload the BlackBerry files to download section on my webpage (search it on bottom). And how setup Scale is on image below (If you think this).

Stephen1

Quote from: vadimo on September 09, 2010, 03:14:20 PM
I thinking about new features. Edit the Heart cut and add here choice for calculating Heart cut with Counting up.

You fill:
- log booth diamters
- Heart slab thickness
- Upper slabs thickness

Result is cut positions from top to bottom. Last cut is bottom the Heart slab. Is this features useful?

yes this feature would be beneficial, being next to a big city, there seems to be some  contractors like those for bars, fireplace mantels...
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

logfarmer

Hi,
Is this program available for use to Forestry Forum members? If so how do I go about getting it and using it.    pc_smiley
Martin
Norwod LM 2000 23hp Briggs on trailer, Kubota BX22, Kubota RTV 900, 1948 GMC flatbed dump, 73 Chev 3/4 4x4 plow truck

sgschwend

Send Michal a PM, he will tell you how to get started.

His forum name is the one with the log diagram.

The program is being changed to have labels that will be a better description of what is going on. 

I have used the program and it does works, there are a few bugs that are being fixed, along with a readable user manual.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

vadimo

This program is not yet for iPhone. Apple co. have strict rules. In iPhone is allowed installing applications only from Apple AppStore. Maybe later.

Kansas

Vadimo, seems to me the next logical extension of this is this winter, when you have more time, is to come up with a low cost bigger pad with big numbers for those with fat fingers (most of us) plus a big screen for those that have trouble seeing up close(most of us). I don't think the laptop is that great of an idea, although for some it might be fine. Remember its going to be out in the wind, the dust, and maybe the rain once in awhile. In other words, it needs to be pretty tough.

vadimo

Yes. In winter. Now i have less time (Building wood kiln, today repair hot water boiler, doing money for living..  :D ). And i now have a flu (i think..  :-\)
What is better? 7" diameter LCD touchscreen tablet or 7" LCD small laptop? Booth in dry enviroment. When i it rewrite, it is then usable also on your home Desktop PC. In next time i a first add the improved HeartCut. And must finalize the correct translate with Mr. sgschwend. He is good tester on BlackBerry. Thanks.

vs

Stephen1

I have a 4g network phone from Google with the android operating system...your software should work on it,
shouldn't it. I can ot unlock this phone north of the border yet, so I just use the wifi for when i'm out of town for my e-mail, I don't need to carry around a laptop
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

sdunston

WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

vadimo

Hello. The program is now fine for java phones in 1.0.0 version. But still without complet documentation. Is now release as open source under GPL licence. (Free for use, modification (with attached source code), downloading.) I dont have time for next developement. My wish is if any man rewrite it to wxPython. I uploaded any images in help section. I too create developement section.

Michal.

sdunston

Good job, went to the help section and looked at the screen shots , liked the one for cut down, would be very usefull, Will wait until it is in pc format because fingers are to large for those made in china phones :D, but I think a laptop next to the mill would be a go 8)
Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

tyb525

I'm running Ubuntu and I believe there is a way to run a mini-java (mobile) app on it. I just can't seem to find the right emulator. I know there are emulators available for Windows, and I know it is possible on Ubuntu, I just can't figure out how.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

logfarmer

Has anything changed on the BSC program? Is it available for a PC or laptop yet?
Thanks,
Martin
Norwod LM 2000 23hp Briggs on trailer, Kubota BX22, Kubota RTV 900, 1948 GMC flatbed dump, 73 Chev 3/4 4x4 plow truck

vadimo

Martin, i try rewrite to PC but no change it yet. I now learn other program language, which i more muliplatformed. And i have less time. In winter i repair engine on my Truck, then get more power on my sawmill. I want too weld new track for mill.  Now i start programming my new e-shop for me new project. And have two incompletely webpages for me friend. And in spring more work around my home. Wait for me new stainless insertion into chimney, etc...
24 hour per day is less for me :D
Michal.

vadimo

Good news 8)

I now evening publish  smiley_computer_monitor this software for online use for everyone!
You run it here: BSC Online.

I this special do for member Wrangler55. Now you can try it or full using, but setting data lost when you close the program.

Michal.

Edit:
(Ups, i it now testing and i have problem with entering any data or moving in menu. I look at this later)

Edit #2:
(OK. You must use arrow keys up/down or Enter on keyboard for moving into entries - if needed)

vadimo

Today i saw beam from undersized log. It was obvious that the result beam will be rounded. Yesterday i got idea, using the "roughness" value in BSC application. But not than a reserve for roughness, but as addition. Instead eg. "20" i enter negative value "-20". And today i saw pretty beams  :) I this tested only on two logs.
! This is functional only in metric units. In imperial units, the appliaction ingnore the dash "-" char at the beginnig.
Michal.

vadimo

Update!

I now testing add two dash eg. --1/2. And i thinking, that working also in imperial units. If someone confirms me that, i be happy. Now is evening and i have less power for calculate it  :-\

LaserZX

I believe this program utilizing a tablet would be useful.   Just place the tablet on the saw when needed.   Large and visible  program to see the calculations.    I am sure this could be interfaced into a up/down on the sawmill similar to the old big satellite IRD that would go to satellite to satellite using a reed switch counter.    I would like it on my iphone.

Maybe Bluetooth interface may be needed.        Those are just a couple ideas I have been considering.   His software would advance that with the right hardware interface.     So he is on something useful and cost effective.   

Good Luck

vadimo

I today added new function: Cutting undersized logs. No with the "roughness hack described above". Result is beam with rounded edges.
Good Luck  :)

Thank You Sponsors!